Cord chewing.....

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Fidel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Cord chewing.....

Post by Fidel »

What is the best way to teach a puppy not to chew on electrical (plugged in or otherwise) cords? He has a rope and chew toys, but still insists.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

They sell hard plastic sleves that you can put around the cord, normaly used for computor cords but they will work on other cords or wrap the cord in something he can't chew through, They also sell a spray that dogs don't like the taste but it is an electrical cord so the hard plastic may be the best untill he out grows the puppy chewing stage. You might want to get those cords off the floor also, with an electrical cord his next bite may be his last bite.
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Also, simple supervision works wonders as well. He is a baby, and needs constant minding.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
Fidel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fidel »

We have taken all cords off the floor, and hidden them. I appriciate it. Did you all get the update on Fidel? I am sooo happy and so sorry for being rude. I wasn't in too good of a mood trying to find a vet.
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

No problem, don't worry about it. My only complaint was you said snobby stuck up dog owners (noticed you fixed it) Snobby stuck up CHOW owners to me is more of a compliment. snobby stuck up dog owners is rude.
Fidel
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fidel »

lol. :lol: Can't say much, cause now I am one!!!