How can i make my dog sociable?

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Eukeeh
Rank 0
Rank 0

How can i make my dog sociable?

Post by Eukeeh »

Help! My chow dog George who is 1 year and 4 month old is not very friendly to strangers. How can i make him like strangers who is coming to my home? So that i will not put him to cage anymore. What should i do?
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: How can i make my dog sociable?

Post by Constantina »

It's usually best to start socializing them as puppies but it would not hurt to try now. Take him out of the house more. Take him with you on car trips and visiting family and friends. Get him used to people outside the house and then invite these people to your house. Have the people in your life pet her often so she gets used to it. If this does not work go enroll in some dog and owner classes.
pbaker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: How can i make my dog sociable?

Post by pbaker »

Koda is a year old and we take him everywhere we go that we can! He loves to go! You say the word go and he gets so excited! He usually is good with kids and others but he has to smell them first and make the first move! But he cant't take the littlest pain! And he remembers every thing! Every since he had the ear infection and the vet put the cotton swab in his ear and hurt him, he is skid dish on pain, we got him at 5 months and I don't know if he was abused before we got him!