muzzle

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

mawrn1
Rank 0
Rank 0

muzzle

Post by mawrn1 »

I now have a 7 year old chow that will need to be muzzled only for grooming (by me). I am asking for advice on the best type/brand of muzzle. I do not want anything too fancy, just effective and smple to use. Thanks, all!
Me & Tess
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: muzzle

Post by Me & Tess »

I reluctantly bought Lilly a Baskerville Ultra Muzzle, only to be used when she gets her shots which are due. I was hoping to find a soft Velcro muzzle, but they are too long in the snout. The Baskerville fits her short little muzzle. I really don't want to put it on Lilly - but - there is the fear that she might bite. (It will only be on her for a very short time.) I didn't want to go for the "Hannibal Lecter" look, but alas. We got it at Petco & the clerk let us quasi fit it on our Lil.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: muzzle

Post by wokman »

I use the Four Paws brand, size 3. It has an adjustable strap that goes in back of their ears. There is a type which has a mesh part that goes around the dogs muzzle. I found if the dog tries to get if off with their paw the dew claw can snag the mesh. I found the Four Paws at a Pets Plus store.