Pup biting cats legs and tails

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

Tan160581
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pup biting cats legs and tails

Post by Tan160581 »

Hi
Me again I got my pup today and she very bold not scared of anyone or anything but she does keep biting my cats legs and tails is just a firm no good enough or is there anything else I should be doing x
NanouetJon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Pup biting cats legs and tails

Post by NanouetJon »

PUPPIES!!!!

A firm "NO!" then distract and provide something that they can chew on. Toy, chew bone etc.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

Hmmm, if that's the case you have an outgoing chow pup on her first day and chasing cats already???
You sure she's a pure chow? If she is, then brace yourself and be the pack leader you ought to be or else she'll be calling the shots around the house. :D
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Constant supervision, is the only real answer. I have four Ragdoll cats and Rio will leap on them, but has now learnt (after 5 months) that he has to be gentle with them. He has been swiped at by two of our girls, and knows to stay clear of them if they start hissing. He 'plays' with one of our boys (Blueberry) but can get a little rough, so we remove the cat and tell him he has to be gentle with the kitty-cats. Our other boy he doesn't bother with (Ramses) but he is the Alpha cat, and he is more mine than the other cats. Firmly grab your chow by the rough and remove from said cat. You have to be firm, at the same time as saying it is ok to play with the cat as long as it is gently. Rio weighs 50lbs my cats weigh 15lbs, so the difference is huge, teach your pup the same way you would as a child.