Peeing in the house

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

iceskates
Rank 0
Rank 0

Peeing in the house

Post by iceskates »

hi All,

I need advice. I have a chow chow puppy of about 7.5 months. During the day, I leave her in a crate. When I get home I obviously let her out and go for a walk immediately after we do our mini greeting routine. Sheba never pees for me. However, when my roommate comes home before me, every single time Sheba has peed on the floor. Now the first times I wrote it down to my roommate not taking her out immediately. This last time, my roommate claims to have been ready right away for the walk and Sheba still peed. Is there something I can do about this? Why does Sheba do this? Is she marking her territory? I'm open to any advice!

thank you in advance,
Sabrina
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Peeing in the house

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I will make a wild guess that it has something to do with your roommate. Has Sheba already peed on the floor before your roommate has opened the door, or does Sheba wait until your roommate is in side the house? Does the time of day have something to do with this? Unfortunately, there are too many questions and not enough information.
Cam Atis
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cam Atis »

She may be uncomfortable with your room mate, thus she pee'd. Nervousness causes emptying of the bladder. Talk about nervousness, Cassie will poop! She pooped when I arrived to pick her up and it quite surprised Jess the breeder that Cassie pooped. Then she pooped on the vet's table when she was about to be given a shot - she was fasted.
. she pooped on her cage when she was in transport. Need I say more? She pooped on my drugstore when she already haved pooped. All these when she gets agitated.
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

In the day, how long is she in the crate? She may need a pee-pee break in between. Maybe either you or your roommate might want to go home for lunch and let her do her thing. Her bladder isn't all that mature yet to hold it in for a long time. Why does she let loose on your roomie vs when you get home and does not? Coincidence, happenstance, bladder lost control once and she hasn't trained her mind to hold it in longer when your roomie let's her out of the crate. Usually, they pee at the same spot, so might be handy to get puppy pads or a bath mat and put it on top of where she pees when your roommate comes to take her out of the crate. I don't think she is marking her territory.