Pee Training :D

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

shavior
Rank 0
Rank 0

Pee Training :D

Post by shavior »

Hi all... i just created an account on the forum.... i have to say that is awesome.. i been looking for help at the internet for some chow chow issues... my problem now is that my chow chow "Chuck" pee all over the place and he do it a lot.. i take him outside to my backyard but he only pee a few times and i dont know how to make it a rutine... when i took chuck for a walk he only smell all the grass but not pee.....
Any advice will perfect \:D/
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Pee Training :D

Post by Ursa's daddy »

You did not say how old your chow is. I got Malachi, my male, when he was 12-15 weeks old. The first day I had him, it was difficult. The next morning, he made a little sound, and I took my time finding my glasses and going to the door, and I had to clean up a wet spot. The next morning when he made his little sound, I rushed to open the door and let him out. This time, he wet outside. I let him know I thought he was a good dog, and would take him out every few hours, praising him when he would pee. It did not take long to establish a routine. I would pay close attention to what he was doing the first few weeks, so we could have positive actions, and to keep me from having to clean the floor. As I recall, it was not that difficult to house train Ursa. I do have a fenced yard, so all I have to do is open the door for the dogs.
Pay close attention to your dog. Very young puppies do not signal their intentions very well, but as they get older, they will let you know what they are thinking. Please have patience with your dog.