Graduation

Training and behavior topics, guidelines, and tips for Chow Chows.

Moderator: chowadmin

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Graduation

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hello everyone!!!
I graduated last night from my basic training class!! Hurray!! Thanks to all of my friends for all your support. I'm going to keep going in a bit until I can hopefully work up to my canine good citizen test.

I was the first one to display all my tricks and then the trainer told me I was the first one who would be tested. I gulped and went outside of the ring with my daddy and did everything I was asked to do. Well, but of course I did not walk loose on my leash, why would anyone do that??? :wink: My mommy was proudest of me when I had to do a "down" and then stay while my daddy dropped the leash and walked into the ring and then he said "ok, come on." And guess what I did...I thought "eh, why not?" And everyone clapped and clapped and I got my certificate and they took pictures of me with this ridiculous black sqaure thing they kept trying to put on my head. Here's one of daddy "bribing" me to wear it for one "good" shot. Why should I wear it? I want to play with it.

After class, the trainer told me I was her very favorite chow!!!! We did it everyone, we won over one more person to the chow side!!! My mommy told her what the mean vet said about me and she rolled her eyes and said not to listen to him and that I was the sweetest guy, then I got petted by these people that work there. :oops: It's so embarassing. The trainer said that she thinks I listen to my mommy and daddy more now (hehehehe :lol: ).

Before class started I played with a 7 month spitz mix. He kept slapping me on my face with his paws and at first I just stood there, I never know what to make of puppies (fur or non-fur), then I barked really loudly and dropped in a play bow, my mommy laughed at me.

So that's that for now, I'm excited to go on! Hopefully I can soon.

Purple kisses,
Special Dark
Lucydog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lucydog »

Congratulations! You are a wonderful ambassador for Chow Chows and all the other so-called "dangerous" breeds that all get lumped together. Keep on changing minds one doggie at a time!
Because owning just one banned breed isn't enough!
-- Rest In Peace Jasper the Chow Chow & Lucy the Pit Bull.
Dallas Pet Laws Examiner: http://www.examiner.com/x-2924-Dallas-Pet-Laws-Examiner
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Congratulations to you, Special Dark! Very glad to hear your class ended so well and that you made such a good impression. I was SURE you would!

I'm also glad to hear you're going on and planning on the CGC. And maybe I can encourage you to continue on into rally obedience and maybe even regular obedience! We need more chows with obedience titles - makes the public realize that this IS a breed with intelligence and that many have the temperament necessary to complete performance titles too.

Keep up the great work and keep posting about it too!

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Isn't it a wonder, the instructor who first insulted Special's intelligence, now knows the real truth about Chows! We are proud of you, our east coast Special Friend! =D= =D= =D=
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Congratulations Special Dark - what a good boy you are and how proud your Mom and Dad must be of you! Bet you got some hugs and a treat! =D= =D= =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Rogansmommy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rogansmommy »

Proof, once again, that the right trainer can speak to a chowling!!! 8) :D Congratulations Special! Hope you continue on! Rogan still thinks it's a lot of fun.
Michele

^Rogan^ at the Bridge on 5/16/09 -- always in my heart
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Thanks so much everyone, I couldn't have done it without you all!! Yes, I did get a whole lot of treats and lot of hugs. :D My mommy almost cried during my test, she was so proud. :oops: :roll: She loves embarassing me. I'm excited to go on. I think the next intermediate class with this same trainer starts in August and so I'll sign up for that one. I'd love to go on to compete! That would be so great!
PurpleKisses
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PurpleKisses »

Congrats!!! Isn't training fun?? I like it too. I got bored with it this last class so that is why mama put me in agility, maybe by winter I will want to listen to mama again? Maybe not? :wink: hehe ! Congrats!
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Hey Special,

it is your "adventurin" other black chowboy friend here...JR.
Wow...I am really impressed...a diploma. A real educated black chowboy.

My Mom wouldn't take me to school cause my Chow Uncle MO...he lived here before me and then went on to live at the "bridge" ....he went to school and was the WORSTEST dog ever. The school tried to bribe my Mom with an early VERY accelarated diploma so that he would leave the class. He was sooooooooooo stubborn!!!
Anyhow Mom said she knew plenty enough to "home school" me.
And my sister, Cheyenne,...geez she is so stubborn that I know that she would get tossed real fast from school!

At least now when we go "adventurin"....you will know how to read the street signs!!!

Hugs and slurps....your new friend...JR
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I just bought Lily a gentle leader. It has the lead buckle on the chest instead of the back, so every time she pulls, she losses momentum and ends up turned around. We walked 2 miles today, and it was alot better. She was walking a zigzag in front of me, but not pulling! So I guess I went 2 miles, and she went 3 or 4. That might be something to try for Special.
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Hehehehe... you said Chi-Ching! :wink: Maybe listen...maybe not! I do love the thrill a simple "sit" gets mommy, sometimes I catch myself giving her a perplexed look as to why she's so happy when all I did was sit...but whatever makes them happy I guess!

JR, you're so funny!! :D I'm not sure I can read the signs, but I'll try! Oh yes, I remember reading about your uncle MO, he sounds very special indeed. And an accelerated diploma huh?! :D It's great you and your sister are home-schooled! Maybe we can combine our skills when we're adveturin'!! :D

Ooh, I think my mommy likes the sound of the harness Auddymay. No more pulling...aw man! :cry:

Big hugs to you all,
Special Dark
chris

Post by chris »

Thats AWSOME... :D My mommy home schools me too, but has been talking to me about GOING to school anyway because all the dogs around here either dont want to play with me because they are "to mature" :wink: or, want to pick a fight with me. :?
My uncle Thor was an 85 lb chow/lab mix. He went to class because Mommy couldn't walk him without being "draged" down the street. He took 3rd place in his class at the end because he did every single direction Mommy gave him even though they were not perfect, he did every one.
Anyway, if I GO to school Mommy says that I can move on to agility... she said after reading all the posts about agility, that I might like it considering I love to jump from couch to couch and on my Mommy & Daddy's bed (wich is about 3 + feet high) shhhhh :-$ don't tell Daddy I get up there :-oo

Anyway, enough of my babblen... Hope you got lots of treats for your AWSOME job well done. :lol:

your friend
Steel