Wilbur's relatives

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Wilbur's relatives

Post by Rowlee »

These are some photos of Wilbur's relatives. Arturo is his half brother, Sengay is his mum (Sengay is Arturo's mum too!!). Arturo is absolutely divine, he kept nibbling me and running between my legs. He slept on my bed the night I stayed with Judith-Ann. I just fell in love with him.

There is also a photo of various aunties, grandma etc laying around. When I stayed with Wilbur's wonderful breeder Judith-Ann, I was surrounded by her SEVEN adult chows and I was in heaven. It was like a sea of red chows on the floor. I was covered in slobber, fur, kisses etc, I had the best time. They are very sociable and very well behaved for chows. Judith-Ann breeds healthy, confident, happy chows and we want to get another one from her next litter. She really is a very special lady who does the right thing by her dogs.

Hope you enjoy these photos:
Loads of chows!!
Arturo & Sengay
Arturo Image
Arturo & Sengay 3

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

great pics, wall to wall chows

David
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

I'm jealous, there's not just a pack but more like a herd there. Beautiful Chows!
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Whaoo! That's lots of chows! :shock:

I absolutely adoooore your pictures! :lol:
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Beautiful chows - they all look so gorgeous. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

See, I knew that two wasn't enough here :lol:
Thank you Elodie!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

GORGEOUS bunch of red heads!!!
I would be in heaven to get to hang out with them :D :D

Thanks Sweetpea!
Stefanie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Stefanie »

Too cute! I just love your pics!
Thank you Sweetpea!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

They must have an awsome vaccum cleaner!!!! Beautiful group of chows!!
SweetPea Rocks!!
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

It looks like Wilbur comes from a lovely family, biped and chow alike!
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

TJordan wrote:They must have an awsome vaccum cleaner!!!! Beautiful group of chows!!
Judith-Ann does have an awesome vacuum cleaner (a DYSON upright) and she vacuums the carpets every day!!!

Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

vicster605 wrote:GORGEOUS bunch of red heads!!!
I would be in heaven to get to hang out with them :D :D
I was in absolute heaven for 2 full days and a night. I had the best time with all the chows, especially Arturo and Emma (Wilbur's Aunty). They are such lovely chows. It was so funny because you'd call one and about 4 would come to you and I'd get mixed up about who was who because they are all red and six are females. I was sneakily feeding them some treats but then I couldn't remember who had had a treat from me and who hadn't so I think a couple of the "pushier" ones ended up with a lot more :lol: I'll post some more pictures.
Sabina

Aimee
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Aimee »

yes please post more pics! they are stunning chows! i have a red head too!
new chow mum to a beautiful furgirl.. hooked 4eva
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

I would just go chow bonkers with all those gorgeous fluffbuckets around.
I can't imagine any animal as beautiful and as wonderful as chows!

Sharon

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I agree. That would be heaven on earth to be in that room with all those beautiful chowdogs.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Popeye muscles from brushing all those Chows! Beautiful!
debraschow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by debraschow »

You know what just hit me here? Here is a person like Sabina says, that breeds confident chows. No worrying about, is the balance correct, 1 male to 1 female, but having multi generational chows interacting as a family normally would. I keep going back to the wall to wall chows and wondering why this shouldn't be the norm?
Debra: Hobo and Milo's Mom
Banner by Sweetpea!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

debraschow wrote:You know what just hit me here? Here is a person like Sabina says, that breeds confident chows. No worrying about, is the balance correct, 1 male to 1 female, but having multi generational chows interacting as a family normally would. I keep going back to the wall to wall chows and wondering why this shouldn't be the norm?
You know what, after meeting all Judith-Ann's chows and then meeting a "family of 5 chows" yesterday that belong to a breeder friend of Judith-Ann's, Jenni, who lives in Perth, I am desperate now for at least 3 or 4 chows!! I want a family of them too!! Only problem is, we'll have to move to a house with a bigger yard but I'm not joking, I am seriously considering it. With Judith-Ann's chows, Arturo is the only boy, the others are all girls. They all get on wonderfully, generations of chows together. I think you're right, this should be the norm. I cannot express to you all how affected I was by spending time with this "family" of chows. It was one of the best experiences of my life and I felt cocooned and safe - gosh that sounds a bit soppy doesn't it?? But I could have stayed with Judith-Ann and the chows for a very, very long time. This is something to do with Judith-Ann also and how welcoming she was to me and how comfortable she made me feel. A very special woman with very special chows. My husband and I are flying to Melbourne next June to visit her because I want him to experience what I experienced.
Sabina

kryptonite
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by kryptonite »

woooot its a heaven out there. beautiful chows :D
sengeoz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sengeoz »

Judith-Ann's house of seven Chows also includes visiting Chows from time to time; and we've only ever had problems once and that was with a rescue who we fostered for about six weeks. She didn't like one of the girls here and would deliberately start fights with her. Fortunately, we found the rescue girl a home with two little boys, where she lived happily for many more years til she passed away about six months ago.

What you see in Sabina's pictures is five generations of a Chow family - all puppies are jointly raised by all the other Chows. The older ones are the disciplinarians and the younger ones are the playmates.

It works for us.

Judith-Ann
Wilbur's "grandma"
Judith-Ann
Sengé Chows, VIC (Australia)
CloudeSkie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CloudeSkie »

Wow! all the chows you could hug and cuddle (much to their dismay :shock: ).

I bet everywhere you go, you have to be careful with your steps else the chow-hignesses would scold and harumph for being disturbed. :shock:
sengeoz
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sengeoz »

Since I am the supreme highness :lol: in the family (don't tell my husband I said that), then the Chows all know that they have to move - they all know the meaning of the word "move" as well as "excuse me". The only one who is exempt at this time is the 14 year old who simply doesn't hear or see or move as well as she once did.

As for hugs, cuddles and kisses - maybe because they are all handled from the moment they hit the air until the moment they leave us (be it to a new home or a new lifetime), none of my Chows resists being hugged or cuddled or even giving kisses (when asked).

It's a relatively easy going household, Chows and humans alike and until June of this year, we also had two elderly cats who helped raise all our puppies (they passed away at the ages of 18 & 17 - about 3 months apart).

Cheers,
Wilbur's "grandma"
Judith-Ann
Sengé Chows, VIC (Australia)
CloudeSkie
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by CloudeSkie »

wow! all-in-order! and such good chows too! :D I'm green with envy - maybe I should ask hubby for another chowling? hmmm....
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Wow that is what I love to see. The chows in the house all sprawled out looking content. Just a sweet looking household.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
enchantedonyx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by enchantedonyx »

Judith-Ann, you are a lucky woman to live in that sea of Chow chows. They look so happy all sprawled around like that. My sister (Wildthings) and I used to work in a daycare center and one of our favorite "games" was Dead Dogs, in which the kids pretend to be dead and the one who lasts the longest wins (yeah, it's as bizarre as it sounds). So, we now joke that our dogs play Dead Dogs and are in training for the marathon game. Tacia, our 14 year old Collie will win this tournament. :D Anyways, it looks like your brood are in training as well.
~Renae
<br>

Banner thanks to Wildthings. Sizing thanks to Sweetpea.