INTRODUCING..... ROXY

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chris

INTRODUCING..... ROXY

Post by chris »

:shock: chowdudes, ummm... I think I need a little help here, I now have a baby sister...

I had to show her how to take a chowwalk, can you believe it? .. sheesh...

She tries to run in and out and circles under my legs so I try to stop her.. I put my paw on her.. and then CHOWWORLD breaks... mom and my human sister.. say "NO".. :? whaaaat...? ... and the say "BE GENTILE".. what is gentile?... Im not going to hurt her, I love her. Mom says she has never seen my tail wag so fast.. She thinks Im going to take off like a helicopter.. Whats a helicopter?.. But I can't keep track of her when she is doing that under my legs..
Little sisters.... :roll:
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

hey steel... I've got a sister too. She can't fit under my legs cause she's so FAT (I heard that chewie!!) but she does come up behind me and try to take out my legs if that means anything. (If you didn't call me FAT I wouldn't have to take out your bad leg. you deserve it.) You gotta watch out for those sisters though. They think they're all cute and stuff and that everyone will love them so you gotta protect them from everyone. (EVERYONE does love me!) Whatever Cay - oh one other thing... Don't worry about that little squirt stealing your mom. You already claimed her, she can't have her. She will have to pick that little person or your daddy. Cay picked daddy cause there is no little person here. (And cause daddy is better!) Whatever - you know mom is better. She is the one that takes care of us... Anyway - don't tell anyone I said this, but Roxy IS kinda cute. I just want to take a bite out of her...(CHEWIE! THAT'S GROSS!)

Chewbacca the Mighty
& Princess Cayenne
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
chris

Post by chris »

You bet your CHOW BUTT my Mommy is MINE. :-) She even said so last night. Im still her one and only. Roxy owns my Human sister Laurissa... I guess I can share her...
Boggled
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Boggled »

How Precious - got to love the puppies! My mom and my sister have poms - one is yappy, one is not. They both love the humans. What a pretty color she is, I've never seen one that color. :D -- Congratulations and good luck with her :)

Your daugher is also very pretty - good luck with that too :lol:
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

Little sisters are the greatest once you accept that they are here to stay...I just love Cheyenne even if she is my "lil" sis and 10lbs bigger than me.

My Mom says that "Poms" look like little chows with pointier longer noses. She sure is cute.

JR
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

What a little cutie! We were actually considering a pom when we chose Lily instead. I could be sitting at a very different site right now.
chris

Post by chris »

Auddymay wrote:What a little cutie! We were actually considering a pom when we chose Lily instead. I could be sitting at a very different site right now.

I thank GOD your not.. :-)
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Wow Chris! Roxy is very, very cute!! I had a feeling Steel would enjoy little creatures! :wink: You all must be having the best time, I cna't wait for the upcoming stories about Steel's adventures with his new sister! I knew you were getting Laurissa a pup, but I had no idea it would happen so soon. Congrats!! I think the pom was a great choice, she's too cute! How old is she?
chris

Post by chris »

She is 12 weeks old. AKC papers will be in the mail. and she has already had most of her shots. I am taking her to our NEW VET.. yes, I said NEW... in Lake Geneva on Monday to have her last set of shots and worm done and checked out.
I keep forgetting to check to see if she has due claws. I don't think she does. Also, I have a question guys... when do you think I should have her neutered? before or after her first heat? (boy that will be interesting if I dont get Steel fixed before that)

I guess she is on the smaller side (not that she could get any smaller) for being 3 months old. Im reading up on them and I guess she will be between 3-7 lbs. :shock: :? Oh boy... lets hope Steel learns REAL fast how to be gentile with her. :-)

By the way, the breeder had her on puppy chow.. :shock: that is being changed ASAP... "Nutro" of course.
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

She is cute and Laurissa looks like she is delighted! Glad you got her fixed up with her own dog. I love her name. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Oh! A mini-Chow! How cute! :D
Actually when I got Chubaka my ex-husband and I had been looking at Poms but then decided against them since at the time we had my GSD and his Golden/St. Bernard mix. A Pom would have been flattened in a matter of days.
Good Luck!
Oh, and Steel "gentile" means "goyisha". So that means you can't eat matzo and gifilte fish. :lol: Just joking Chris.
Proud ChowMum to Chubaka & Magda

Chows are not the whole of our lives but, they make our lives whole.
chris

Post by chris »

Tovya wrote:Oh, and Steel "gentile" means "goyisha". So that means you can't eat matzo and gifilte fish. :lol: Just joking Chris.
Cool.. but actualy, I have no idea what you just said.. LMAO.. ;-)
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

:lol: I was just being nit-picky :D about your spelling error of "gentile" for "gentle". A gentile is a non-Jewish person (referred to in the Bible). In Yiddish gentiles are referred to as "goyim", further slanged into "goy" (which is a noun) or "goyisha"(which is an adjective).

chris

Post by chris »

Tovya wrote: :lol: I was just being nit-picky :D about your spelling error of "gentile" for "gentle". A gentile is a non-Jewish person (referred to in the Bible). In Yiddish gentiles are referred to as "goyim", further slanged into "goy" (which is a noun) or "goyisha"(which is an adjective).

OOOohhhhhh.. :lol: to be expected.. I went to school in Illinois.. :wink: Hence.. my poor spelling.. LOL..
Roxana
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Roxana »

Chris,
How flattering that you would name your newest addition after me....that's so sweet! (I kid, I kid :wink: ) I actually hate it when anyone calls me Roxy so it usually just gets shortened to Rox.

She is adorable though and Poms do look like mini-chows dont they? We met one once at a campground and both Dakota and the Pom peed and then did their little "grass-scratching" with their hind legs at the same time. It looked just like Dakotas "mini me" it was hilarious. :lol:
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

You better go back I think they made a mistake! That's not a dog!! Just kidding you know my stand on them, but she is cute. Sorry took me so long to get on and tell you how cute she is, but just got home and away from dial up. Steel looks more like a daddy or Uncle as someone else said then a brother. He looks like her big protector.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

Im more of a bigger dog person too.. But the Pom was for Laurissa... :-) boy though is it ever a little Diva... And Im so proud of Steel.. he lets her take his treats and eat his food with him.. He is learning to be gental too. (Don't worry, I scold Roxy when she takes his treats.. ) She is also learning from Steel too.. she watches him and if she sees him get something, she will do it too. LOL.. its funny.
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

Told ya that pomys like to be waited on and think they are the center of the world!! :lol: :lol: They have allot of attitude swished into a tiny little body.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
chris

Post by chris »

Come to think of it, sounds just like my Husband.. :lol: :wink:
Tovya
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tovya »

Isn't cute the way they watch and learn from their older siblings. :D Magda learned the "sit" command after about five tries just by watching Chuy. Now they sit in unison like troopers for their biscuits. :x

chowdaddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowdaddy »

Regarding the spay I think you meant, instead of neuter. There is debate amongst the vets and breeders of chows on this issue. I've had 3 females spayed before the first heat. Breeders will usually say to spay after the first heat. Vets say do it within 3 months. Reason being that bone and organ growth need to mature to prevent problems in later life. Statistics show that in the female, if you spay before the first heat then breast cancer is reduced significantly. There are drawbacks to spaying before the first heat also. One is developing incontinence later in life. My last chow did this at age 11 but it was easily controlled with medication. I choose to spay right up to the time of the first heat. In my females it has been after 6 months. Better growth of bone and organs, elimination of breast and any type of uterine cancer, and in the females it makes them more docile. But they will tend to get lazy if they are not walked. So I watch Lili's diet and walk her. Read, talk to others, and make the decision that you feel is right. Can't wait to hear about how they get along.
Last but not least, do not over vaccinate. Another subject that is a hot topic. Just an opinion.
CD
Have owned 3 chows for the last 30 years. Have a 3 year old cream smooth now. Enjoy hearing,meeting, and sharing photos of others with this breed.
AngelsMom
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by AngelsMom »

AHHHH!!! She is so adoreable! How did I miss these pictures before! Congratulations! :D