Newest Texas Chow

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Newest Texas Chow

Post by fillyok »

Here're a couple quick shots I just took. The owner said his daddy looks just like Ping. I'm guessing he's much bigger since this little guy is pretty solid.

Any more name suggestions?

“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

and one more for tonight

“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Man, he is a little sweetheart!
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

oh my goodness! What amazing pictures! What a sweet little muffin. I could just stare at these all night. And maybe I just might so I don't have to pack anymore.

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos. What a doll!
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Jeff&Peks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Jeff&Peks »

We were in the Chows in need section just talking about this same puppie, (I think) guess all the action is over her.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

No, Phyllis is a foster. She has a 3rd Chow coming in October, and this was an emergency save. Everything about it needing a home still applies.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I'm so glad it's safe for now, though!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

He's a real sweetie. As soon as I can get him neutered and get his shots up to date, he'll be finding a new home. I don't have any experience with such a young puppy so I hope I don't screw anything up. Which brings up a question...will his speckled tongue turn all black or will it stay this way? :P
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Unless I misunderstood, Lou was asking about him on the other thread - the Chows Needing a Home thread, I think.
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

he does look like a mix with little floppy ears so his tongue will always be speckled. It may change in it's speckledness (is that a word?) but will not turn 100%.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

I don't think his tongue will turn all black. Mandy may be right, he may be just a bit of a mix, but he sure is cute.

I can't stop looking at his pictures...look at those big feet!
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

I know. Just the cutest. So do you all think we can rally and get this pup to Lou?????
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
Mandy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mandy »

he looks VERY similar to little Leia whom I fostered- she was a mix... let me see if I can find a pic...
her mom was cream so she is a little lighter in coloring but look at the resemblance.
Mandy, Chewie, & Cayenne
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I wondered about the ears too. He may be a mix, but the owner said he's PB. He's got the exact same colorings as Ping, even the darker shade on his back. Ping's tongue is all one color (kinda purplish).

If Lou really wants him, we'll find a way. With the temps the way they are, I'm not sure about shipping. How did those little ones ship out of Lubbock recently?
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

When I got both Koda and Molly, neither of their tongues were completely purple... they were still speckled. The pigmintation finished turning as they both got older. When I got Koda, I had checked that on the web and the speckled tongue was not unusual in a young pup. So there is still a chance that his tongue will go ahead and finish turning.
What a little doll he is. All these chowlings... makes ya want to have more. [-X Someone tell me to stop it!!!
Nancy and Tai

nuke

Post by nuke »

wow, what a cute little guy!

I love the pics here......keep them coming.
Sylvia
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sylvia »

So what's the deal with all these cute chowlings coming out of Texas.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I'm up for the 2AM feeding/potty break. Bear is not happy about this little guy being here. I'm assuming it's because he's male and likes to have my attention. He's nipped him a few times and keeps barking at him. Advice, please!!!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

We made it through the night with only the 2AM and a 6AM potty break. He let me know he needed to go, luckliy I'm a light sleeper.

His owner emailed me this morning to ask about him. He also told me some personal information that makes it easier to understand why he needed to find a new home for this little guy. He wanted to issue a statement, but was afraid of saying the wrong thing and making everyone more upset with him. Needless to say, he's a good person that was doing the best he could at the time. The little guy won't be in a shelter and someone is going to get a sweet little Chowboy soon.

Now it's bathtime for him...wish me luck!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

These are from last night when he was investigating the front yard.

Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

JR has always had a polka dot tongue and he couldn't be more Chow! He will be 9 years old in 2 days.
Your little guy is precious and I know that he will get a forever home shortly.
Sharon
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

fillyok wrote:I wondered about the ears too. He may be a mix, but the owner said he's PB. He's got the exact same colorings as Ping, even the darker shade on his back. Ping's tongue is all one color (kinda purplish).

If Lou really wants him, we'll find a way. With the temps the way they are, I'm not sure about shipping. How did those little ones ship out of Lubbock recently?
Dreamdancer flew on American Airlines as baggage. The thing is that the Airlines that transport pets won't do it if the temp at both ends of the flight is less than 20 degrees and more than 85 degrees. The reason Dreamdancer and Ginger shipped the same day is that there was a cold front in Dallas/Fort Worth and Lubbock that day, so it was less than 85 degrees.

To ship you'll need to have had him have his first set of puppy vacs, a vet statement that he is healthy and hasn't bit anyone recently, (this is even though he won't have a rabies vac yet)

He'll need a carrier that is big enough that you can put in a puppy pad and a water bucket. The shipping manifest will have both your, and whoever get's him, (I hope it Lou)'s address, phone number etc.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

My Cookie, who was registered chow, always had a speckled pink and black tongue. Never outgrew it.

Her ears flopped when she was young, (not quite like this little guys, though) but they eventually stood up. She was almost 6 or 7 months old before they both did.

But she was the runt, and her siblings ears were authentic stand up "chow ears" from the beginning. If I remember right from the group picture, more of those pups had ears like this guy.

But his ears don't mean he's any less of a wonderful little guy needing a good forever home.
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

I'm glad the night went ok. I know there were a few people who posted they were looking for chows in Texas - hopefully they will see all this and adopt him if Lou can't take him
Mommy to Cabo
chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

He's so cute! If there's anything we can help with let us know, we'd be happy to help transport or whatever is needed.