Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Raine - Our New Puppy

Post by Cindy J »

Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine

I will write up more when I get a bit more sleep.
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
kodnercasey
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Raine - Our New Puppy

Post by kodnercasey »

Wow, such a cutie! People with black chows get really good at using light to show off our dogs. Good luck with Raine.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Awwww so cute! How exciting! Congrats.
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
audrey22
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by audrey22 »

ADORABLE!!! What a little cutie
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Puppies are so fun!
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

Very nice looking chow pup. Too bad they grow up so fast. It going to be fun watching her grow, looking forward to many more updates!!!

Brutus
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

They do grow up so fast! I swear she has already grown an inch. How much does Spartacus weigh now? Chance is holding steady now around 75lbs. He is a bit taller than many of the chows we see in the ring
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

Take lots a pictures, she will be that size for only a short time. It's funny that after I take a bunch, some are so much better than others. I would think black chows are even harder to take because they are all the same color. I've only seen a few chows from Michael and Linda, they have all been red. Are both parent from them or just her mom like Chance?
I haven't weight Spartacus for awhile, part because it's hard to lift him up and read the scale on the floor. Plus I don't think he's gain much weight. Probable 70lbs but I know he's 21 inches tall. Just turned 10 months this week. The other people at our last show had a chow from Paul and Minnie and was excite to see him. They liked him a lot and said he will get better and better with age. Said he won't look anything like he does now in a year. He really is sweet but has a ton of energy.

Keep the pictures coming;)

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Very nice. He looks great. Think you have another winner there.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

She is now 11 weeks. Every week I am taking a picture of her sitting in the front courtyard. I can see so many changes in 3 weeks!

Just like Chance, she loves water....

.... and one more, just because the chow puppy head tilt is so darn cute

(don't know if it will stay when she loses her puppy coat, but her tail is turning gray; giving her a skunk look. Which fits in with her silly side.)
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

13 weeks. Raine's hair is so long that you can barely see her ears. So much fun at this age
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

She looks great and love the skunk tail. Also funny and scary how puppies will chew on anything they find. They really don't need fancy chew toys but need to watch them so they don't chew on things they shouldn't.

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

She looks great Cindy.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Thanks... I am smitten! I am entering her in a little puppy show this weekend. (non-AKC) It is more or less for socialization and to help her become accustomed to the sounds and smells. Should be worth a day of laughs.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Puppy shows are so silly... and so much fun! Rain won group both days, but she was so tired that we did not stick around for Best Puppy in show.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

Wow, she looks great and congrats on winning group both days. She is growing fast and love the legs she has.

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Congrats on the wins Cindy. Sorry for the late response, I really haven't been of the forums much lately. Even when I do get in, trying to avoid confrontations with posters that have no experience and are offering poor advice.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Thanks, I too have stopped posting a great deal. It seems as if some people are wanting to fight. Heaven forbid that we try to do the right thing before breeding and it costs us a lot of money and we chose to share a small portion of the costs.

That reminds me that I finally took Chance in for his OFA's on Monday. The vet said his hips and elbows look good. (not excellent) But he believes he should get a decent x-ray review. I was extremely nervous because they had to sedate him... too wiggly to get good pictures. He was a complete GEM for the vet and his techs.

I will attempt to show both Chance and Raine the end of the month. Raine will still be in the Beginner Puppy class and ring times are over an hour apart. This show will help me decide whether or not I will show them both at the same show in the future.

Raine got a Group 2 in the puppy class in Canton. Judge said that he was impressed with her gait and top line.... BUT.... her focus is about 1/2 a second. She is so silly.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

I hear ya. Sedation on Chows is a scary scenario. Glad to hear he did well. Really, a top vet is so important. Experience with Chows is a must. I drive 45 minutes each way to our vet just because they have so much experience with the breed. They also handle the dogs from our breeder on 2/3rds of our Chows. So they see a lot of them.

Focus will improve. Even after 4 years of showing Rory gets distracted by every scent on the grass, every female in heat, or now even trying to figure out what his housemate (Toby) is doing. He can be a pain, but mostly gets into Show mode once I put the show lead on him. His new thing is barking in the crate if he thinks I am giving Toby more attention. It stops immediately after we are done in the ring. I figure he knows his job is done and he just relaxes.

Sadly, he needs only 2 majors to finish his GCH. I have been trying to dump him in shows where there is no Major. Stopped grooming him, let him pee in the ring, even had my wife handle him last time out, but he still keeps beating Toby. I have to stop entering him unless there is a major for going Select (we still show regularly against the #2 Chow in the country), and that means 6 male entries.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

I have pretty much given up on the GCH drive for Chance. No one wants to show up for majors in Texas any more. I will have to drive him more than 800 miles (one way) to the nearest major. We will try a few long trips this coming year. But I am no longer killing myself to campaign. And it will be tougher for Raine. I know of only 2 female show chows in the state, with the exception of the breeder's
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

I feel your pain. Chows numbers in Minnesota are even worst. I'm the only one with any but knew that going in when getting Spartacus. Right now I'm entering him in local shows with NOHS only so he can get more comfortable in the ring and maybe get ranked. Our last show in Hutchinson, Minnesota on Oct. 8th he got his first group3 in NOHS. Still almost all puppy fur but should be gone for Nationals in April.

Congrats on getting Chances OFA's done, I think it more important than getting his GCH.

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

You're right on the OFA's 612.

And Nationals...April...hmmm. I might have to give that some thought.

Doing Nov 12, 13 in Boxborough MA. Small show, and only doing Toby. Still waiting on his brother to actually show up at an event. His father showing fairly regularly now, so that is a plus. Still, that only gives us 5 males with Billy still showing, so no Majors in sight for going Select. And up to now nobody beating Billy this year.

LOL, great to have those connections, but there's the downside too...

Might need Nationals to get one of those Majors Rory needs. Gonna have to up his sire fees. Oddly, have a ton of offers for Toby.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

I would love to hear an update on Raine.

Brutus
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Playing around with focus on the camera... This was kind of cool. Raine ~ 7 months.

I will check back in when I have a few minutes!
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »