Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Chows Protecting the Xmas Tree

Post by Rory's Dad »

Rory, Amber, & Toby
Rory, Amber, & Toby
IMG_0127 (480x640).jpg (169.13 KiB) Viewed 9615 times
Maybe the fireplace grate in front of the tree tells a different story...but I would still challenge a stranger to try and grab a candy cane from Rory, Amber, and Toby's tree.
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chows Protecting the Xmas Tree

Post by chunkymonkeys »

Your Xmas tree is beautifully decorated with 3 cuties surrounding it! Happy holidays to you and yours.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Merry Christmas to you and your crew! They look fabulous!!!
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

The expressions on their faces are priceless. Merry Christmas and hope to see you at a show next year.

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Yes, they were expecting treats, but fooled them and let them wait for some real work.

We haven't been showing, for a variety of reasons; bad venues, bad judges (provisionals mostly), bad timing as my daughter just began college, bad timing as Toby blowing puppy coat, and the list is long.

Entering both males in late January though. Might even have to put the wife on the lead if Toby takes class dogs.

Thanks Cindy and 612 for your support. It really makes a difference. Rory looks to finish the year in the top 35 for GCH points with limited show schedule. Toby is pointed out and only needs Majors to finish his CH. Not really where we thought we would be, but we show against the #2 Chow every time out, so not bad.
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

I hope 2016 is a great year for you and your crew. We have scheduled a few shows the first part of the year but it does not look like there will be many chows in attendance. It looks like we will have to do some real traveling to find majors. Maybe this will be the year that we can all meet up....
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Running into the same issues Cindy. We basically skipped the last 1/2 of 2015. Kind of stuck in no-mans land. Rory is going for GCH and only needs majors and competition wins. Toby is pointed out and only needs majors. At one point last year Rory was up to #20 Nationally, but we ran into a whole bunch of limited entries, poor judges, and horrible venues. We skipped the biggest show up here since Pilot and crew were coming in. We spent the 1st six months against the #2 Chow, going Select every time, and couldn't see much changing against the #1 Chow. Under limited entries he should still finish in the top 40. Going against my better judgment, we are going to show in Jan at one of my least favorite locations just to get the dogs out. I do like the judges, but we'll have to see if we can get the majors that I need.

Maybe we should see if there is a central location that would work for us and 612. We have the dogs to build a major in males in most areas. Mentally, a map is not working for me...TX, MN, MA...not sure where that would put us...lol. I could also check with FB friends who run a Majors In Chows page.
Mother Moose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mother Moose »

Wow three very handsome and well behaved chows! No one is getting to those presents. :P
FurParent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FurParent »

Isn't that adorable? <3