Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Rory & Toby

Post by Rory's Dad »

All in a Row
All in a Row
11008517_10203330014965900_8690922568486428929_n.jpg (78.63 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
Billy, Rory, and Toby
Billy, Rory, and Toby
11262508_10203330020446037_6577142301345918345_n.jpg (93.88 KiB) Viewed 5828 times
Wrentham, MA shows...1st in Line is the #2 Chow in the Country, followed by my Rory and my Toby. Nice weekend of shows and a well represented bunch of chow.
Mother Moose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Rory & Toby

Post by Mother Moose »

Wow very handsome looking chows! Thanks for sharing.
Laura
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Laura »

Rory is gorgeous. I love his coloring and that you allow him to keep his natural fur growth. Toby is so big! It seems like you just got him but now he is a big pretty boy!
Chloe (left) Shuggy (right)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Ty Mother Moose. I do love to show them off.

Laura, ty, I actually love Rory's shading. He doesn't get judged as well as those with solid coloring, but that's just part of the Conformation game. We love Billy (the chow in front of him) as he belongs to a very good friend and is a fantastic example of the breed. But also looking forward to his retirement (LOL). And yes, Toby is getting big. Not quite sure which way the Smooth thing is working in that regard. Either you can really see how big he is getting, or those Roughs are hidden under the fluff.

Either way, very happy with my boys. Toby has accrued 4 Pts to his CH in just over a month, and Rory is about to break into the top 30 for GCH Pts (top 5 gets him an automatic invite to Eukenuba, Westminster, and Nationals). And we are going to bring our girl, Amber, out for a couple days over the July 4th weekend. She hasn't shown in almost a year but did great in a practice class last week. Not really her favorite activity, but I think she was getting jealous over the boys getting out of the house.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

Nice to see the photos, everyone looks great. As much as I'm enjoying a normal summer, I do miss going to shows. How is the handling going? I truly enjoyed it, especially after everything else prior to the going into the ring. My only suggestion is to relax and stand in front of your chows as much as possible making them free stack when you are lined up. I do wish I would of purchase a nice camera for the ring shots but found out an iPad camera was better than my phone or the camera I had.

Hopefully the summer shows have good weather because they can be very fun or not so if it rains or too hot.

Brutus
Cindy J
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Cindy J »

Thanks for sharing! I cannot believe how much Toby has grown. Congrats on his quick points. Both your boys look great!
CH Dreamland's Intrepid Spirit ~ Chance
Dreamland's Dancing in the Storm ~ Raine
Dreamland's Calling All Angels ~ Skye
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

612, thanks for the response. glad to hear you're enjoying the summer off. we have been showing every other weekend. at least I am working on my tan. so far the outdoor shows have been great for the weather.

handling is going very well. Rory is an old pro by now, so he really does all the work. 1st weekend back out was a bit rough, he backed out of inspection and sat down, but after that he remembered everything and has been great. we had a judge a few weeks back that wanted to 'see the ears', which threw me. He was looking for expression, which rory seems to get anyway. we had another that simply said 'show your dog', so that was a bit odd as he really didn't provide much direction. and last weekend the judge wanted to see the bite without Rory's tongue in the way. Rory never has his tongue fully in his mouth. Judging quirks aside though, its going great. Select dog most weekends and he has 6 GCH Pts with 1 competition win. Right back to that problem with building majors, but no big deal.

Toby is showing great. I was worried about the Smooth thing, but he is getting Winners Dog most days. Been splitting time between me and Brit handling him. Inspection is easy, bite is getting better. He is resistant to the ramp, so I built him one for practice. We'll see how that works. In the photos in this post, I was alone with both dogs (Brit just graduated High School and is getting ready for College), so I had a friend take Toby.

Onto another show this upcoming weekend. I should have both dogs again, but there will be a couple extra entries to build points. Then out to Springfield MA for the 4th of July set. We have Amber entered for the 1st time in a year, so I will have to try to figure out 3 entries. Brit will be there to assist with that one, but gives me a bit of appreciation for the pro handlers.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Yes, Cindy, he is getting big...quick. I think he will be up to Rory in no time. And Rory's not thrilled about it. Toby is a typical Smooth and is a bit goofy. He wants to play. Rory wants no part of that. Amber is much more accepting of the play, but now it seems like she is picking favorites among the boys...

How is Chance? Hope he is adjusting to his new house mate. Would love to see some recent photos.