Meet Joey

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Meet Joey

Post by Pinoy51 »

We heard about Joey last week, unfortunately in the Philippines Pups are sold very early. He was the last of his litter and the breeder couldn't find someone for him. He is quite large and dominant. So we took him in to avoid that he will get into wrong hands. He his very smart and Simba adopted him right away helping with the discipline part of puppy hood. The two females are mostly annoyed and avoiding him, but nap time is already together time as well as night time.
The fun continues :D
Joey 2.5mth
Joey 2.5mth
image.jpg (51.71 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
I'm going to be bigger than Simba
I'm going to be bigger than Simba
image.jpg (52.14 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
Sleep time with Simba and Sally
Sleep time with Simba and Sally
image.jpg (38.93 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
Best regards
Pinoy51
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Meet Joey

Post by Rory's Dad »

I think he looks great. Larger Chows seem to be the in thing these days. Fortunately, he looks to have an open muzzle, so he shouldn't have breathing issues. Looks like he might be a sloppy drinker with that loose jowel. Keep him out of the harsh sun or you will have a Copper colored chow in no time.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Hi Rory's Dad,
he is sloppy drinker, never seen him with dry front until now. He is mostly indoor until now, one vaccination is still due. Sally has joined Simba now and is taking care of Joey too. Just great to see how they're getting along already.
Now it is only Nala who has to come out of her shell. I let her be, I'm sure they will get along too soon.
I have not much to do with Joey anymore, my pack is taking over the play and discipline part. Just potty training, leash and proper feeding discipline is left for me.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

That is one handsome boy and he looks huge! He will probably be taller than Sally and more muscular than Simba. I'm glad he was adopted by you as he is sure to have a ready made pack with 3 chows and a family who will love him unconditionally. That is one lucky boy who will live a long happy life.
chunkymonkeys
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chunkymonkeys »

I love your expanding family Pinoy51! I see you believe in my philosophy: Chows are like potato chips; you can't stop at one!!! :D
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

@Constantina
After nearly 4 years I'm still amazed about Chows. Right now Simba stepped up and adopted Joey.
He teaches him discipline but let him be puppy at the same time. Joey can pull his furr and climb on him.
But when it comes to obey rest time or playing too rough, he kicks in with strong barks and pinning down. He turned out to be the perfect big brother. Nala is still mostly annoyed but Sally figured that puppy play can be fun and she is running now with him.
@chunkymonkeys
Yes it is so much fun to see the interaction between them. One Chow is okay but the fun begins with two or more.
Best regards
Pinoy51
JammyJoy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by JammyJoy »

Aww. Your Joey is such a cutie.. Cant wait for my cow baby to be home next week. ;)
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Simba and Joey are Buddies
Simba and Joey are Buddies
image.jpg (76.57 KiB) Viewed 7810 times
Simba became the big brother of Joey. We took a video yesterday, they're so cute together.
Also Sally discovered that playing with Joey can be fun, now just waiting for Nala to have a full turnaround and then the pack of four has been established.
Best regards
Pinoy51
serwusek
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by serwusek »

He look great ;) I love colour of his fur
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

For now you have 2 creams, a red and a black. I bet fate will lead a blue and cinnamon into your home and heart soon. I am so in love with your Simba it's ridiculous. What a gorgeous chow!!!
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Hi Constantina, Simba goes for Cinnamon. So red, blue and white are the missing colors in our Chow Chow rainbow :D
But I like it to be retired first, before the pack will get any bigger.
I will post my favorite picture of Simba later. He turned out the perfect big brother and Nala changed her mind now too about Joey. The little guy is a happy camper with three dog friends. I'm amazed about his energy level. He barely sleeps during the day. So the good part is we don't hear anything during the night. He already sleeps with the big guys.
Best regards
Pinoy51