Bear and Ping Pics

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Bear and Ping Pics

Post by fillyok »

I finally took the time to read the instructions on loading pics and posting them, so I thought I'd post a couple recent pics of Bear and Ping.
Ping is quite the ham when it comes to the camera and Bear just wants to be left alone...think he knows that the camera adds 10 pounds and he can't really afford it. :wink:

“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Phylis, are you still getting #3? They are both beautiful. Thanks for putting them up, and now that you can, we want more. When you give a mouse a cookie...
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thanks. Funny you mentioned my new addition...I got a call from Samantha's foster mom today. I'm still getting her at the end of October as long as the home visit, references, etc check out okay. I can't wait! I must be bonkers...

Here's Samantha, she's gorgeous and you can tell she knows it.

“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Here's another of Miss Ping by the front door. Both of them are so nosy, they love to watch the neighbors.

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

Phyllis,
I'm sorry that we did not all get to meet in San Antonio, you guys sure have a beautiful city though!!! All three of your kids are gorgeous!! Have Samantha and Bear and Ping had a chance to meet? I guess I missed the post, but how did you find out about Samantha? What are her circumstances?

P.S. I LOVE the red paint!!
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Beautiful pictures. :D
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thanks. I also sorry we didn't get the chance to meet up here. I remember telling myself to contact Cabo's mom, but last week was crazy! I had finals this past weekend and one of my troops got orders to Iraq...did I mention it was crazy???!!!!

I found Samantha one night while doing a Senior Chow search on petfinder (I need a hobby). I contacted her fostermom and before I knew it things were falling in place. She's in West Virginia and the family will be traveling to San Antonio in October for a family wedding. Her fostermom told me that she'd bring her along for free. She called one night and told me more of the details on Samantha...very sad story. She was a Katrina evacuee (barely). It seems that her fostermom, Amy, went to New Orleans with a group from WV and they were only told they could bring back so many dogs. They were down to one more they could take and Amy took one last look at Sam and decided to rescue her. She was in really bad shape...needed surgery on her eyes for entropion, heartworm positive, and all the fur was gone on her underside and behind from the caustic elements in the water she'd been wading in. Needless to say from the recent pic of her, she's recovered quite nicely. Amy says that she's very calm and loves to sit outside and watch the other dogs (think she fosters 4 or 5 and has almost the same amount of her own--Huskies). I told her the reason I wanted her was I didn't think that many people were willing to adopt a dog that was 8 or 9 years old and besides - her face and story just captured my heart.
I don't think my other two will have any issues with Samantha as they're both pretty tolerant of other dogs...at least Bear is, Ping might get her nose out of joint a little, but I think she'll adapt. An older dog should be easier to integrate than a younger one. The only concern I have is with food, it seems Sam has a little bit of trouble with sharing. Bear and Ping can literally eat/drink out of the same bowls at the same time, so there might be some separation issues there. I'm sure we can work through them though. I plan on taking some time off to spend with all of them once Sam gets here. Wish us all luck!

P.S. The color is actually more persimmon. My landlord has some really great taste in colors and decorating that made me fall in love with the house. And the fact they didn't charge a pet deposit!! Very hard to find these days.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Here's another pic of Bear...the other one is too hard to see.
This one is very close to his nap time.

chowfrnd88
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowfrnd88 »

He looks so relaxed and happy!! I love the look of happiness that all the chows on thsi site have. It's just so wonderful!!

WOW! That sounds like quite a week! I hope things calm down a bit for you all.

That's an amazing story Samantha has. I'm positive she will be sooooo happy with you and Bear and Ping. October must seem like it's so far away though!!
ciaobella
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ciaobella »

Great pictures, all your kids are gorgeous. I love the last one of Bear because I know the next move for him is to tip over, stretch, and sigh. It always makes me smile when Sophie does that.
Sandy
Owned by Sophie
Samorrathis
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Samorrathis »

Great looking chows, you must be so proud!
Image___________________________
Christine & Nanuk
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thanks for all the compliments...I'm the typical Chow mom...always bragging about them.

I've been on leave this week and have been spending extra time at home getting some things (and nothing) done. Now I know why Bear and Ping have so much energy when I get home. All they do is sleep, eat, walk outside, and throw out a couple random barks all day long. We've been taking some walks in the evening after it cools down a bit. I'd forgotten how nice a few days off could be...but tomorrow I start cleaning the garage.

I got another cute pic of Ping the other day. Bear's pics always come out looking like he's sleepy, angry or else you can't really see his features. I see other black Chow pics and wonder how they get them. Guess I need to work on it. He's got that ring of rust around his ruff right now and that shows up in the pics.

Since I really don't know Ping's history, I'll ask here ...does she look like full Chow or a mix? Sometimes she looks and acts all Chow, but then there are times I think she may be a mutant Pomeranian. Any ideas, comments???

Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

All these pictures are beautiful.

Can't wait till you get Samantha!
chowdaddy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by chowdaddy »

All are good. Last closeup photo is fantastic though. I'm a photographer and love the closeup and tilt. Very happy chow I'd say.
Chowdaddy
Have owned 3 chows for the last 30 years. Have a 3 year old cream smooth now. Enjoy hearing,meeting, and sharing photos of others with this breed.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

A mutant pomeranian? :lol: LMAO
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

That is NO mutant anything...that is a REAL Chow!

Sharon
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

They are all beautiful...but will you be soon fostering that poor throw away baby that guy has? I just have this feeling...
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

fillyok wrote:Since I really don't know Ping's history, I'll ask here ...does she look like full Chow or a mix? Sometimes she looks and acts all Chow, but then there are times I think she may be a mutant Pomeranian. Any ideas, comments???

She's a chow. She just has a finer bone structure, like my Firesong or Melanie's Khana, hence the thinner muzzle and she has an open face, not the scowly one. Pretty girl! And boy too.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I guess I never looked at Ping that way. She's very petite until you go to pick her up! :shock: I look at all the beautiful Chows on here like Milly & Mabel, HRH Pekoe, Chewie & Cayenne - Ping just looked so much smaller that I figured she was a mix. Then when I look at the newest girl, Lili, and I see that all our Chows have their own looks and personalities.
I'm not all about PBs, I'd love Ping even if she wasn't (gasp) a Chow.

I hope it doesn't come to me becoming a fostermom, but I'll do it if it keeps that little guy out of a shelter. The owner doesn't seem very concerned about the pup, does he? Please email me if you have any advice on this.
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

Phyllis...
the furkids are absolutely beautiful. You are such a good chow mom. And to bring in a third... wow. Sam will definitely be getting a good home with you. 3 rescues and 3 chow lives saved. Thank you Phyllis. :)
Nancy and Tai

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I think it's the other way around...they saved me, but thank you for the kind words.

I just emailed the guy with the Chow puppy to see if he's found a home yet. Also offered to take him if he can't find a home by Monday. ONLY as a foster!! I'll need some help finding him a new home if it comes to that.
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

Fillyok - I'm not sure if the puppy has had shots yet or not but I could cover half if need be for the first round. I had some emails with the guy and I'm not sure what he's going to do yet or not.
There are a few people who posted her they were looking and I offered to drive some of the way to deliver but I haven't heard anything from any of them.
Mommy to Cabo
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thanks for the offer, but hopefully it won't come to that. I'd probably take him on base where it's a lot cheaper. My other two still go to the vet off Bandera and Sam will go there too. You can't beat how nice they are.

I would offer to travel this weekend too. I have a baby shower tomorrow (friend is having TWINS!), but other than that I'm free until Tuesday.

Did the guy ever tell you why he had that deadline? Give me a shout if you know anything else about the puppy. thanks!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

fillyok wrote:I hope it doesn't come to me becoming a fostermom, but I'll do it if it keeps that little guy out of a shelter. The owner doesn't seem very concerned about the pup, does he? Please email me if you have any advice on this.
If you do foster him and can't get him a new home, I'd see if West Texas ChowChow would take him when he's a bit older. I would have adopted this little guy if I hadn't just got Dreamdancer from WTCC, but Linda did mention that they aren't setup to handle puppies really, that's why she wanted Dreamdancer, Ginger and their brothers and sister to be adopted soon. (they breed and rescue, but the rescue is really setup for older dogs and sometimes they come in sick and puppies shouldn't be around that), but if he's a bit older and he is up to date with is vacinations, then they may take him. They are in Lubock, which I'll admit I don't know how far that is from San Antonio, but it's an option you may want to look into.

No this guy doesn't sound like he wants to do anything but get rid of them with as little trouble and expense as possible. No shots! That's criminal and no vet with a license would say that little ones can't have their shots. Dreamdancer has had his first sent and will be going for his second ones on the 9th of september. I hope this person, gets his female spayed, if he's not going to take care of the puppies then get her spayed! And daddy neutered, but she's the one that has the puppies so her spaying is important.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

Well I just emailed Linda at WTCC to see if she knew of anyone down our way looking for a younger puppy. I would foster but Cabo is running me kind of ragged right now as is my job. But I can help with fostering expenses as needed just let me know and I'll keep you posted if I hear anything from WTCC.
Mommy to Cabo