Bear and Ping Pics

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Thanks for the info. When I was looking for a second Chow I called the WTCC and the lady was super-nice. Lubbock is about a 5 hour drive from SA, so it's not completely across the state (everything's bigger in Texas!). Maybe I'll get the little guy, get him up-to-date on shots and what-not, and then drive to Trinity and scout out Jerryo's house. I've heard he takes in strays. :wink:

I understand about being run ragged. I was at that point a couple months ago. My doggie door on the sliding patio door has been a gift from Heaven. Now they go in and out to the backyard whenever and however many times they want. And I don't have as much guilt for working long hours.

TXSusiQ, did the guy ever email you to let you know where he lives? I haven't heard from him yet. I'm guessing he's at work and I should hear from him tonight. I'll let you guys know.
“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

Where did you get the doggie door? We so need one!

I haven't heard back from either
Mommy to Cabo
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

The little guy is heading for my place. The owner emailed me and said he can bring him over right now! He's moving to Tampa next Tuesday which is why he needed to re-home by then. I'm outta my mind!!! Might as well start thinking about a name for him...ideas? I'll post more pics when he gets here (in about 10 minutes!).

I bought the doggie door at Home Depot. I did a lot of research on the internet and they have some really pricey ones out there. I wanted one fast so I bought it at the store. I bought the LARGE and Bear can fit through it (barely). The XL is a special order. I installed it myself (really simple) and just use a 2X4 to block the door shut. There's a way to install a lock to your patio door, but since I rent I didn't want to drill holes anywhere. The wood block and 2 barking Chows are my anti-theft device. Ping learned the door pretty fast (about a day) and Bear took a couple days to get used to it. I never pushed them, just praised them when they did go through it. I stood outside and they came to me. I'm sure Cabo would catch on really fast and you'll wonder why you didn't have one a long time ago.
“No one appreciates the special genius of your conversation like a dog does”...Christopher Morley
LEO's mum
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by LEO's mum »

Ooooooo, how exciting!!!! You are such a good chow mum!!
So many new chowlings on this site! Await pickies!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I thought as much. Good for you, for helping this little guy! Names...Loki-brother of Thor, son of Odin, in norse mythology.
TXSusiQ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TXSusiQ »

let me know if you need anything!!! I hope you can get him in to see the vet quickly for his shots!
Mommy to Cabo
jerryo

Post by jerryo »

Fillyok, I'll do anything I can to help out with the little guy. Thanks to you and TXSuziQ for stepping up on this one. No need to scout out my house. I keep house like you have always imagined a lazy single guy with two dogs would, but anyone is always welcome, stray or not. I don't know a thing about nursing puppies, but if he needs a place to crash for awhile, give me a call and I'll come pick him up. We should be able to find his new family somewhere and fly him on to them.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

He's here! Repeat after me...he's not staying, he's not staying.

This was kind of a quick, last minute deal and I probably didn't handle it as well as I should've. I know it's best to have new ones get introduced on neutral ground...oh well. The owner came by and seemed really upset to let him go. He told me he was his favorite which is why he still had him. Bear and Ping were ALL OVER HIM when I brought him inside.
:shock: It's slowly wearing off. The little guy got his first taste of Frosty Paws (loved it). I only gave him about 1/4 of one while Bear and Ping ate theirs. It gave them some time to get used to the new furry thing in their house.

He's soooo sweet and cute..wants to be held a lot. He also does that cute thing when he lays on his belly and let's his back feet hang out behind him. I'll get pics later. He's on the bed now with Bear so I'll try to grab some pics now.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

I've posted a couple pics on a new thread...newest texas chow

He sure is sweet...in my lap right now. I can smell his puppy breath...this is not good!!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Oh, he is precious. I bet the owner was really young, no? Is he like an almost PB? I noticed in Nancy's photo, they had some pink on the tongue, but I also heard or read something about not always showing full pigmentation when so small. In either case he looks wonderful. Keep repeating that mantra, but don't let him stay very long, or they become meaningless words.
fillyok
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fillyok »

Actually his owner was an older gentleman (not a whole lot older than me, but older). He seemed very upset to be handing him over (at first I didn't think he would). He brightened up when he saw my two sitting at the glass door watching us. He said his wife wouldn't allow the dogs in the house. :cry:
I told him about my doggie door and noticed his relief. It's too dang hot here in SA for any dog, let alone a Chow, to be left outside (in my opinion).
ngraham
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ngraham »

I just checked my email and I had an email from him also asking me to get Phyllis to check her email or call him, that he could get him to her tonight.... which obviously happened. LOL Phyllis... you are wonderful. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. Of course I had Amber here saying, Mom we will take him and get him his shots and find him a home. When she finally has a place of her own, she needs about 10 acres for every dog and puppy she finds needs a home. :)
Nancy and Tai