Meet Harvey

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Meet Harvey

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Through a very dirty story door, is a picture of my oreo cookie. On the left is Malachi, lying down is my foster Harvey, and on the right is Ursa. There is a second picture of Harvey by himself. Harvey is part chow, and part Samoyed. At least that is what people seem to think. This is an unapologetic promotion of Harvey. He is a great dog, except he is interested in chasing cats. He is a great dog for someone who likes dog hair. He is a bit more athletic than my other two chows. He will run after the ball, pick it up, and maybe carry it around while I call him to return it. This lasts for maybe 5 minutes, then he will drop it and forget it. The other chows just look at me with that "what's the matter with you? Why are you throwing a ball?"
Attachments
Harvey1a.jpg
Harvey1a.jpg (249.07 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
three dogs.JPG
three dogs.JPG (76.66 KiB) Viewed 4479 times
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Meet Harvey

Post by Sirchow »

Awww I have missed my Harvey fixes. Sounds like he is more relaxed but still up to his old tricks. He looks great. Love the photo of them all together. You have worked miracles with him :) Well done.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

LOL! Your 2 chows are probably chiding Harvey. ' Why are you chasing the ball commoner?!?' Seriously though, I usually am a breed snob but Harvey is gorgeous. The only chow mix I would probably be willing to own is one mixed with Samoyed. :D
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I have fostered two chow mixes, a border collie mix, and a pit bull. They have all convinced my wife that my chows are totally wonderful dogs who just happen to shed a bit. You are not a breed snob, rather you are a connoisseur. I am convinced that Chows are the best dogs. Harvey is gorgeous, and is a good dog that wants to please. He is actually a great house dog. He is only 64 pounds, but stands 24 inches at his shoulders. It is amazing how anything that big can move about the house with such grace.
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Well, just for a point of reference, my two pure chows have totally different personalities. Rory, my male is a snob chow. He has no interest in playing or entertaining his humans. Amber, our female plays with balls and toys all the time. She gets great joy out of 'letting' a ball roll under a couch, table, etc and then getting her human friends to crawl down and get them for her.

BTW, i would suggest replacing the ADT Security sticker with a Protected By Chows warning. Way more effective.
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

The ADT sticker is at chow level so that they can tell that the storm door is closed. I called them up and asked for additional stickers. We had a couple of accidents, so I figured I would help them out. Of course, there is not problem with telling the door is closed. Harvey has put dirty paw prints all over.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Harvey is a very handsome boy, hopefully he finds a good forever home soon.
I have to agree with you and Constantina, I think chows are the best dogs as well.