Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

We got out today

Post by Victory »

But we came back when Mama called us. She said we were good for coming back, not so good for escaping. :?

Yep. Doorbell rings this morning, then there is knocking and it rang again, I get there and I find my neighbor standing there, she says my dogs are out. I look out and there they are running down the block across the street from our house. I just called to them, clapped my hands a couple of times and Firesong turned around and came right back to me, Dreamdancer took a bit longer, but I didn't have to do anything other than walk down the stairs and open the door for them. I was really glad. This is the first time they have ever gotten competly loose like that, and finding out that they will come back is so great!

And no, I've never made a game out of them coming to me, only always been firm about it, been calm and persistent. Now I have to go figure out where they escaped from. I think it's the place where the ground has sunk down from the edge of the fencing from all the rain.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: We got out today

Post by Victory »

Oooops put this in the wrong place.
Thank you SweetPea!
DrewBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DrewBear »

Victory wrote:Now I have to go figure out where they escaped from. I think it's the place where the ground has sunk down from the edge of the fencing from all the rain.
Glad to hear they came when called. Your story prompted me to put a monthly reminder on my calendar to check my fences. At least Chows aren't usually diggers. :shock:
'Bear' 1996 - 2011
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

No these two aren't diggers either. The weather has loosened one of the boards and they managed to knock it out of the fence and then squeezed themselves right through the opening. There is another on the front gate. My brother will fix them this weekend. The other side of the fence is chainlink and one section has another taller wooden fence is right behind it.

I'll have to start walking the fence line once a month as well to check it and make sure it's okay.
Thank you SweetPea!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Ah yes, the digging comment reminded me of the movie Hachi, which i rewatched recently. I hate that movie...lol, but talk about recall.
Constantina
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Constantina »

You are so lucky! I do not think Chestnut would come back to me just like that if she were able to escape. She will explore and come back when she wants. Unfortunately she is not conscious of cars when crossing the street and goes with anyone who comes to pet her. So the danger is great.