Rory Photo's

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Rory Photo's

Post by Rory's Dad »

A couple recent (today actually) photos of Rory.
Attachments
IMAG0049.jpg
IMAG0049.jpg (62.26 KiB) Viewed 6490 times
IMAG0045.jpg
IMAG0045.jpg (58.15 KiB) Viewed 6490 times
anthonyfearn
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Rory Photo's

Post by anthonyfearn »

looks like rorys been doing a bit of paper shredding
DrewBear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by DrewBear »

Looks like he knows the camera is on him. Love the contrasting color of the tail. Really a fine looking fella!
'Bear' 1996 - 2011
kitten1426
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by kitten1426 »

How old is he now?
Our dogs...Kodi Male chow..[Mia Female Chow RB :( :( ]...Bear Male Airedale...Shelby Male Collie...And Moose airedale, New girl chow Merida
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Anthony, the paper shredding is my female Amber's doing. Rory seems to consider himself above such things.

Kitten, Rory is almost 2 and 1/2.

Thank you Drew, he is definitely an attention hog. Serves him well at times when showing. He does tend to ham it up and does know how to 'turn it on'.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

Rory looks great but that's no surprise since he always does. You know Brutus and I are big fans of his and wish him the best.

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Thanks 612, your support is definitely appreciated.

Rory and Amber are both entered in shows Feb 1 & 2. Hoping Rory finishes. Major entries for both days. Rory is qualified for Westminster based on a prior major win this year, but we aren't going. He would be such a longshot given the quality of chows at that show it's just not worth the expense of entering/traveling/handler fees, etc.

Would really be nice to see Brutus and Rory in the same event at some point. Our plan is to finish his AKC CH designation and then to focus on Amber. We think Rory will go for some GCH points, but it won't be a full on campaign. Most likely just to support Amber and other Club entries.

And LOL, because you are right, its hard to get a bad photo of Rory. Amber is finally starting to model well, but its been tough with her.
lrfishwick
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lrfishwick »

He certainly is a handsome chap!! Can I ask when their ears usually stand up?? My boy Toby is 5 months now and they still flop over - although this does make him look cute. 8)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Irfishwick, in my experience the floppy ear syndrome tends to hang out a bit longer with larger Chows. Mind you, that's pretty general and a couple photos would be helpful.

If the ears are overly large, or somewhat short of that triangle shape it could longer still. Heritage goes a long way to deciding those sort of things.

At 5 months, i wouldn't be overly concerned with it, especially if your pup is on the larger side.
lrfishwick
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lrfishwick »

Thanks Rorysdad - that is really helpful. Toby is still young - but I think he will be a big boy when fully grown - I recently uploaded a photo under the discussion "Anybody got a cream chow?" Your chows are both beautiful and I can see why they are doing so well in the show ring :D
Doppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doppler »

Rory is happy looking pup, he's a sweetheart! Looks like he's proud of messing the house, bless!
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. "
ImageImage
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Rory is looking very handsome as always.
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Hi there handsome!