My Jazz-Man

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

My Jazz-Man

Post by Tippsy'smom »

He's looking rough from his allergies and other health issues, but he's getting better and I wanted to share these pics. :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (183.06 KiB) Viewed 9185 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (180.29 KiB) Viewed 9185 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (204.62 KiB) Viewed 9185 times
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: My Jazz-Man

Post by wokman »

Great to hear he is getting better. I think you are on to something with the worsening of his allergies after the vaccine injection. I know a person with a black Labrador that cannot use Frontline on his Dog or its skin at the application site looks like it was cut with a knife. The Labrador does not get flea and tick protection and may have gotten Lymes disease, it is now arthritic. Dogs and Humans would both like to know of a way to become immune to allergic reactions. Give Jazz a hug for me, it hurts to see them miserable.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Thanks! I'm relieved beyond belief that he's getting better too. It killed me to see him so miserable, but he's got that pep in his step back and I am thrilled! Lol Now we're working on getting his weigh back up.
Jess
Doppler
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Doppler »

Glad to hear he's getting much better and enjoying the yard. Hope to see him zooming and playing around.
"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. "
ImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Doppler wrote:Glad to hear he's getting much better and enjoying the yard. Hope to see him zooming and playing around.
Thanks! He actually REALLY played with me for the first time in a long time on Monday. He tired out kinda quick, but it made me so happy to see him that happy and spunky again. Lol :)
Jess
Trooper
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Trooper »

Love from my Trooper, to Jazz-Man - His pictures just want you to reach out and hug him! Was looking up skin, allergies on forum, and here you were. Trooper also had a severe reaction to his rabies/distemper shot, his fur clumped out at the 2 injection sites, weakened areas so continued from there. I use warmed pure coconut oil keeping skin protected/smooth, and for itching use a mix of non-alcohol witch-hazel with holistic grade aloe Vera gel, mix 1/2 & 1/2 and spray on areas. The coconut oil also combats mites, as soaks into follicles and does allow them to thrive :). On another note...always searching for natural skin/fur remedies; came across & have heard only good reviews about Dermacton Cream - any input most welcome
FurParent
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FurParent »

Glad he's getting better, I hope he recovers fully. He's still a cutie :)