Chow Wanted in Ireland

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

taraking
Rank 0
Rank 0

Chow Wanted in Ireland

Post by taraking »

Good Morning to you all from sunny Ireland.i have been a lurker on your forum & this is my first time posting so please go easy on me!
I am looking for a long haired female chow to rescue or adopt. We lost our darling chow 2 years ago & have been searching ever since for another chow. At the moment there is nothing available in Ireland.I would appreciate any help that anyone can give me & am willing to travel to the Uk.......I am a member of the chow chow rescue club in Dublin Ireland & have many years experience with chows. Thanks for reading my post!
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Chow Wanted in Ireland

Post by Fozzbear »

I hope that you find your new family member soon. In some ways it is great that there are so few chows requiring adoption. Have you tried the London Chow Rescue Society if you are prepared to travel?
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

http://www.dogsblog.com/category/chow-chow/

Battersea Dogs Home have a 2 year old chow called Asia who needs rehoming - he was very badly neglected and had a terrible start in life. Battersea consider homes from everywhere, so if you are prepared to invest the time in this guy he might be for you!
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

There is also a 5 yr old red female looking for a 'retirement home' on epupz.co.uk (£400). She comes from the same breeder as my boy so should be happy and healthy.
taraking
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by taraking »

Fozzbear I believe I have tried almost all of the rescue shelters. Just missed out on a beautiful female in the manytears rescue.I have a Bernese & a Newfoundland both males hence the reason I'm looking for a female. I'm now looking in France..But all the posts are in French lol so I'm lost. We have been looking over 2 years now & no luck at all. I have contacted Shelia Jakeman who is the coordinator in the Uk (lovely sweet lady)& a few people in Scotland so really keeping my fingers crossed that one will be found. If anyone on here can help me I'll be your friend for life *smiles* Thanks so much for reading my post.
taraking
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by taraking »

Good evening to everyone..just a quick update on my search for a chow.....Still no Joy :( But I will keep on searching...please keep me in mind if you hear anything Thanks!