How to post a photo.

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chowadmin
Administrator
Administrator

How to post a photo.

Post by chowadmin »

You can use BBCode (BBCode Guide) to post images. Code examples: http://chowchow.org/help/

Auddymay posted a topic on how to get your photos up on a free hosting service such as Photobucket or Glowfoto so you can post photos here on ChowChow.org. >> http://forum.chowchow.org/viewtopic.php?t=1210

If you are in need of a professional web service, my company Imaginary Idea offers Web Hosting services.
Best regards,

ChowChow.org Administrator

Join the ChowChow.org Facebook Fan Page and follow on Twitter @chowchoworg
IliamnasQuest
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by IliamnasQuest »

Another thing that everyone should keep in mind is that many people are still on dial-up connections. I think that those who are on fast connections forget this and fail to downsize the file sizes. When the pictures are in huge file sizes, it takes a LONG time for them to download and because of that most of us with dial-ups don't bother to view photos.

It's easy to downsize the file size (which doesn't necessarily mean that the photo is small). Nearly all of the photos I show are 35KB or less, as opposed to what many other show which are easily upwards of 200KB each.

SO- there is a free photo editor online that is really pretty nice. Here's a post I wrote on this for another group awhile back:

There's a free photo program at http://www.irfanview.com that you can download and use to change the file size on your photos. I've downloaded this program to take a look at it. It's pretty simple to use. Here are some tips on how to work with your photos:

To crop a photo:

Click on the photo at the edge of where you want to crop. Hold the mouse button down and drag it. A box will form. You may have to try a couple of times to get the box right where you want to crop.

Leave the box there, go up and click on Edit, then Crop Selection. Voila! It gets rid of everything but what's in the box.

To resize:

If your photo is huge, you can go to Image, then to Resize/Resample. This gives you options of various sizes to use.

To save as a reasonably sized file:

When you're done editing your photo, go to File, then to Save As. This will give you options as to what type of file you save as. Select "JPG" under "Save as type" at the bottom of the window. A window will appear to the right that gives options of quality size. For viewing online, you don't need a high quality file size - it just doesn't make much difference in the viewing of it. Choose around 50% or so. Then when you save it, you'll have a nice sized photo for sending via email. This is also great for websites - so many websites have these huge file sizes that take forever to load unless you've got DSL or something like that. Make the photos on your website a size that will load quickly, and more people are apt to view your whole site.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
redangie24
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by redangie24 »

IliamnasQuest- Oh sorry I completely forgot some ppl have dial up anymore. I have not had it in at least 6 years I will try to remember to resize. Again sorry.
Have a Chowfastic Day!!
Zhuyos mom

Re: How to post a photo.

Post by Zhuyos mom »

The recent upgrade has given us an attachment feature where you don't have to use an outside host to attach photos. Scroll down below the "save/preview/submit" buttons and right below are two menu tabs. If you click on menu tab title "Uplaod attachment", you can attach a photo directly from your computer.
socialwork555
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by socialwork555 »

So now that the "img" button isn't working for me on snapfish, how can I attach a photo to my signature? I used to use snapfish for that........don't know why I can't. And on the edit signature page, there isn't an attachment option. Help, please, from any of you tech gurus......... :?
Christine and Paz

carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

The image button is no longer working on the site, and I cant find a way on Photobucket to upload my photos so what do I do now.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

OSA
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by OSA »

I get notice saying "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached" when I try to post a photo (52 KB size) of my Chow, Osa.
What does that mean and what can I do to post this photo?
thanks
Osa's Mom
Onoku
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Onoku »

To post a photo from any site, just right click on the photo and click view image. Then copy the URL(this will make sure the URL only contains the link to the image and not the whole page).

Then paste the URL inside the brackets as such. (do this without the space after "img")

^Here is an example, just to show that it works.
Belle1960
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Belle1960 »

Holy Cow is Josh Gorgeous. Perfect example of a Chow. VERY NICE!
sammysmomma
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by sammysmomma »

Big question..how do you post a picture of your chow with your username? any help would be greatly appreciated...im just learning and any help would be great.!
Zhuyos mom

Post by Zhuyos mom »

sammysmomma wrote:Big question..how do you post a picture of your chow with your username? any help would be greatly appreciated...im just learning and any help would be great.!
Send an Avatar request. Go to that section of the forum, type a request topic, attach the photo in your post and the Admin will create one for you. He will reply back to your post once it is up and ready for you to attach. Then you can personalize your user profile with it (user profile>profile>edit avatar).
amarietolentino
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by amarietolentino »

Hi, newbie here. Sorry I got so excited posting Mischa's picture I forgot to resize, will definitely resize next time=(
Mischa says Hi! =)
happy new chow owner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by happy new chow owner »