Isla update

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Isla update

Post by Sirchow »

Isla is a year old and won a best oposite *Censored Word* puppy at her first show. I am so proud when I look at her and think I bred her. :D Just wanted to share a few pics I took the other day.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Isla update

Post by Sirchow »

Well I carefully resized all those and they still came out giant. Me and photobucket just dont see eye to eye :lol:
And one more in the garden
Oh well may as well sneak in another while I'm at it lol
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

No wonder she won, she is a stunning cloud of loveliness. She should be on a calendar, or high-end dog food packet or something (you know what I mean).
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you Fozzbear.
I keep meaning to ask you if you are on Fb and if so are we friends lol. I cant always put names on here with real people :D
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh they all are so beautiful , Aiden says Isla is the baby cause on the bench she wasn't watching the camera, she was distracted,!! ( like some little boy I know who just turned 5 ) He calls them the 3 little bears....Black bear, kodiak bear and polar bear... And he would like one in each color also?????????
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Aiden is a very knowledgeable little boy to know all those different kinds of bears!
Any time he wants to come and visit the three bears and bring Me-mom with him you are both welcome. :)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

He surprised me too siriol, then he showed me a book on bears he had! This kid is obsessed with all animals but mostly chows!!
applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

So lovely
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

She looks awesome and congratulation at her first show. Keep the pictures coming and don't worry about how big they are .

Brutus
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you guys. Like I say I am so proud of her and her brothers and sister. They are all beautiful. I get Thor cuddles in a couple of weeks when he comes home to see his Gran with my daughter for a week. Total mayhem with five dogs in the house!! :shock: :lol:

I'll get some pics and post them her :D
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

What a stunner she is, of course she won. =D=
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

:D of course I agree lol :D Thank you :D
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

I really like the photo of them on the bench; they each display their different personalities in the facile expressions.
A Grand Clan you have raised indeed. Maybe Isla will one day be a World Champion Chow. =D= :o
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Thank you Wokman for you lovely compliments :)
Somehow I doubt she will be a champion....I dont have the dedication it takes to travel all over. We have so few champ shows in Scotland and the price of petrol is rediculous to drive down to England. I love showing her but am happy with small wins :D
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

I cant speak for how it is in Sirchow's area, but getting the CH designation is nearly impossible with Chows here in the NE of America. AKC rules state we need 2 Major wins under different judges...that means 2 wins over at least 4 other male chows based on the current pts structure. Honestly, we havent seen 4 male chows in a show in the past year. We do have one coming up next week though. 4 day show. 3 out of the 4 days Rory is the only Chow entered. On the Sat show, there are 14 Chows entered with 6 being males. So, that is the opportunity, but go figure on those other days...we will show him anyway because our female pup is going to learn the ropes, so it makes sense to go, but we will incur travel and hotel expenses not to mention entry fees for the other 3 days without any possibility of moving Rory towards his CH. Tough business this Chow showing, and not because of any competition, but rather a lack of it.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Rori's dad do you not have breed specific shows? We have the chow chow club of Scotland which puts on two shows a year (used to be three) and on average around 30 chows come to the championship show and a little over half that to the open show. Then we have two shows run by the Scottish Kennel Club which just happen to be held about eight miles from my house :D These are both championship shows and you can gain points at them too if you chow gets best B*tch or dog. But chows that travel from any distance to these champ shows are all chasing points so we dont have a huge chance of getting Best B*tch and the points. Hense the reason I dont get too bothered about making mine up to Ch status.