Amber came home on Thursday

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Due to the blizzare, we were lucky enough to get Amber on Thursday night. He litter mates were stranded and couldn't make their flights out, but since we were so close to the breeder, we drove to get her before the snow started.

Rory did a lot of sniffing the first night, and was a bit jumpy when she decided to puppy play, but they are getting along great. Still separating them at feeding time and when Amber is puppy aggressive as we want to make sure Rory gets some quiet time. But he has taken well to her. The wife is still worried when they play due to the size difference, but Rory is being gentle with her, just mouthing her most of the time. He really enjoys her food if she doesnt finish, but isnt real willing to share his...funny. He seems to have taken on a mothering role, everytime she gets picked up and put back down he has to inspect her to make sure she is still OK.
IMAG0041 (2).jpg
IMAG0041 (2).jpg (52.85 KiB) Viewed 6725 times
photo2.JPG
photo2.JPG (112.88 KiB) Viewed 6725 times
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (120.48 KiB) Viewed 6725 times
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Amber came home on Thursday

Post by 612guy »

First, I glad you guys are ok and with power on after the snow storm. Amber is very beautiful and those first couple pictures are my favorite when getting a new puppy. She looks darker than the earlier picture, or did you pick the other female? Thanks for sharing the new pictures.

Brutus
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh Rory and Amber are so adorable lying so sweetly together ! Reminds me of my two chows when I brought Nikki home to Oneill! The older one always seemed to have one eye open and on watch for the younger one! Glad you got her before the storm delayed things!! Hope you all are doing okay in the snow!! Enjoy and take more pics \:D/
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

She is so very huggable! Soon your wife will be worrying for Rory's safety when playing and not the other way round I'm sure. It is lovely to have two dogs. Mine would be lost without each other - seems that Rory and Amber will soon be exactly the same. Enjoy!
karenmarie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by karenmarie »

Sooooo Sweet! Congratulations on your new arrival \:D/ Welcome, Amber. Many new wonderful adventures in your lives. Good boy Rory for catering to Amber's needs :D get used to it! LOL :lol: They will quickly become bonded and team up in manipulation of other household members! Glad you are already planning for her first cycle at ruffly 6-8 months. The first one is the most trying with a male in house. Believe me it gets much easier after that first cycle has past and you have a grip on the stages and Rory's approach to this new development in his home :shock: . Can't wait for pics and updates with your new beautiful baby. Glad you weathered the winter storm this weekend with a l new family member to make being stuck inside a wonderful time!
Bella & Balou
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

Congrats on the new addition. She is a cutie. I like the first picture where they are laying down and their paws are just touching. I'm sure they will bond very tightly soon and be best pals. It is amazing how chows bond with each other and take care of each other. I love watching my two just be together.

Good way to spend a snowy cold winter weekend, just watching your chows.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Amber is adorable, love the picture of the two of them sleeping together. I'm sure they are going to be best buddies in no time.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

You will have a lot fun with this two. Can't imagine Simba anymore without Nala. It is just too cute to see two Chows interact and communicate. Congrats to the little bundle of joy.
Best regards
Pinoy51
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Congratulations for Rory's new companion. :D Did they watch the Westminster show together? Will Rory be Ambers mentor for the show circuit? She is a true little Bear Cub; I wish her a long healthy life with Rory. :)
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Yes, i think Rory will do fine mentoring her. He has taken to her rather nicely, they already act like an old married couple...nice in public and save the arguing for private. She is a pushy pup though and once we get past that, i think it will be fine. She wants to chew on everything and has a pretty solid bite...my shoe is already in trouble, and its on my foot.

Rory tolerates her aggression for the most part. Will let her come up everywhere except his face, which is understandable.
lweiher
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lweiher »

What a beautiful little girl! I love that in the first pic her paw is touching his paw....that contact seems like just the reassurance Amber needs to feel safe....my Lily is 5 months now, and much better with chewing, but I "feel" your pain when it comes to shoes with feet in them!!! Keep the pics coming!
Penelope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Penelope »

Sooo cute. I can't wait for the day I might be able to give Sasha a new chow friend :)