santa

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

santa

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Well, I took my two along with Yoda to get a photo. This is to raise funds for the local shelter.
Attachments
santa2012.jpg
santa2012.jpg (41.98 KiB) Viewed 5262 times
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: santa

Post by Sarahloo »

You took your cat to see Santa? You are so cool! :-)
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

I think that my cat would have a pink fit if I tried that - I'd like to take my doggys to see Santa though. Wonder what they would ask him for ......
(The cat would ask for the dogs to go for a long, long, i.e. permanent, walk far far away I suspect).
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Love the picture even though Santa doesn't look very jolly :) Your pups are beautiful and so is Yoda!

Our local Humane Society also does this at the holidays.

Great fund raiser! =D= =D=

Merry Christmas
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Of course Yoda has to come along, He is Ursa's and Malachi's adopted child. They found and raised him. He is leash trained, which helps.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Love it! :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Great photo and Santa looks pretty good considering, it looks like hes got a blood on his arm there?? And who had the patience to leash train Yoda??? I tried with one of my cats and I thought she would strangle herself and kill me. LOL.. George this sounds like something you did??? Good job on all your training they look great.. If you are ever up to PA stop bye and you can give Bella a few pointers. She thinks cats are moving toys...
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

So cute. Cocoa is like Bella, she just wants to catch the cats. I'm not sure she sees them as moving toys or as competition for squirrel hunting though. :lol:
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

I just realized that is Yoda was sitting between Ursa and Malachi ... you'd have an OREO!!!!!
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

@Marti, an oreo, I hadn't thought of that. @chowpups, I leash train all my cats, along with train them to ride in an automobile. Windsor, one of my cats I had years ago was leash trained like a dog. On trips, I did not take a litter box. When he needed to go, he would let me know, and I would stop and walk him around. It is not hard to train a cat. I first put on a harness and let them get used to it. Then attach a short leash and let them drag it around the house. Later I pick up the leash and start walking them around the house. It takes several days, but it can be done. Like any training, Practice, practice, practice.
Yoda did not scratch Santa. He did quite well with Santa, but then I let a volunteer hold him, and she tried to pet him. Well, he decided that was not his cup of tea, and offered to bite and scratch. Good thing he controlled himself and did not draw blood. He is quite capable of doing so.
Ingen
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ingen »

The Santa don't look very happy haha, but love the picture!