Seriously, Yoshi! Did you have to dance SO much?!

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Seriously, Yoshi! Did you have to dance SO much?!

Post by Victory »

Right outside our patio yesterday during the snow. At the time I took the pictures there was 11 inches on the ground.

to the east of our patio door

Right in front of the patio door:

Our normal path into the woods, we did not go that way yesterday or today. My boots aren't tall enough!

and to the west from our patio....snow, snow and more snow!

winter has come to Minnesota. It can now go away, at least the snow and ice part.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Seriously, Yoshi! Did you have to dance SO much?!

Post by chowpups »

well if yoshi is reading hear lately, Don't dance in PA either!!!!! Iam not completely done shopping yet!!!!!
Last edited by chowpups on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Why does it look so pretty but is such a hassle for everyone????????
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

I think it becomes more and more of a hassle the older you get. When I was younger I would have had a blast tramping around in it, I did that with friends or on my own just for fun. Now even pulling on my boots and bundling up is a pain, actually going out in it is kind of scary too after breaking my ankle twice on the ice.

There are reasons people who can retire to warmer climes, or climes with out so much snow and ice.
Thank you SweetPea!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Oh, I so wish it would snow down here... Perfect example of being younger and having a better time with snow, eh? :lol: :wink:

Sadly (to me anyways), it's still in and out of the 70s everyday... :?
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

We could use some precipitation in any form in very northern Illinois. Though I will not enjoy stepping in the snow as much this winter as long as the new neighbor does not pick up after her two Great Pyroness pooping machines!
Having broken my ankle and dislocated my foot so Zoey could could lunge at a Rabbit, I now strap on ice cleats to my boots. REI.com is where you should be able to find Stabilicers in boot sizes for women from 4 to 11+. Zoey, my blue Chow is now 11 and two months +/- old and still prone to sudden movements. :o
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Victory »

wokman wrote:We could use some precipitation in any form in very northern Illinois.
I read today that Chicago has NO snow, which is like really weird. The storm seemed to just go around you guys completly.
Thank you SweetPea!
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

Send some our way Victory! Ty hasn't had much time getting to play in snow. Last year all we had was slush!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Poor Yoshi he gets the blame the world over for snowfalls lol :lol: It is pretty but take care Victory!
We had another sprinkle this morning but we are told it is going to be a cold one this winter. Time will tell but woke up to -7 the other morning which is cold enough for me! I am like a lizzard I only come alive when it touches 20 degrees :)
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

Well, I asked for it and it came down last night in buckets, intense, driving rain. Today it was on and off, varying in intensity. Abby and Leo had a shortened walk, when Leo's weather forecasting sense of smell detected rain and he turned us around to go home, getting us back just before another intense down pour. It will soon be our turn for the snow, now that the weather radar shows it just off to the northwest. The forecast prediction calls for strong winds as the colder air moves in after hours of snow over night. I think I should get Abby a coat, since her fur had been shaved into a Lion cut while at the shelter where she had been. If the snow is too deep Leo will use the dog run for relief, but only when the weather is bad for a long time.