Bella the honorary Chow at the beach

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Bella the honorary Chow at the beach

Post by chowpups »

Well a few people have asked me to update on Bella the honorary chow??? We went to the beach today with her for the first time.. She was a disaster..First hubby fed her food before driving 2 1/2 hrs (our bad)and she got sick 3 min. from where we were going. So we stopped at his brothers beach house that was vacant at the time and cleaned up the car and let Bella out to potty.. I cleaned up the car and he walked her .. I hear "Nancy come here I need you now" .. I run to the yard and Bella on her back with paws up in the air. She got into some burrs and stickers on the ground and had them in every paw inbetween toes and on her tail.. so after minor surgery in the car we headed up to the beach.. She got there and didn't like the ocean at all. It was low tide sort of..so not too scary. Then she proceeded to eat everything in site including sand.. and tossed her cookies again.. So we laid a blanket out and put her in the middle so she couldn't reach anything and sat for 5 min. and then all the other dogs came bye and she started to play normally like the others, tossed a ball and fetched. .. till they left then she went back to trying to eat everything again.. so we decided before she got sick again time to leave.. The only thing chow she reminded me of was she didn't like the water...(Nikki loved the beach and Ocean go figure). I really wonder if this is a chow in a goldens coat? She doesn't like to fetch only once or twice, she doesn't like water, she still isn't liking a walk that much? Oh, well she is only 4 months so we'll see.. but she does have recall.. Please don't hate me for that, she has to have something on the plus side. HEHE..
bella at the ocean.jpg
bella at the ocean.jpg (171.01 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Bella the honorary Chow at the beach

Post by Cocoa »

Too funny Nancy. Well she does definitely have one retriever trait - eating anything in sight! My friend with a retriever calls them Hoovers for their ability to vacuum up every crumb. Have to say I'm jealous of the recall though.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

You are so right about every crumb I haven't had to sweep any food off the floor after the grandkids have been here since we got Bella! And my eating is even curbed because I feel guilty eating in front of her. She just sits there waiting for something to fall.lol. she is stubborn like a chow when she doesn't want to walk she can put on the brakes really fast. I think Nikki sent this one to me to get even for making her go to soooo many trainers when she was a pup for socializing and basic manners!!
Hehe. my grandson says she needs to learn some manners like Nikki..out of the mouths of babes..so true!
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

That sounds a bit like hard work! She is a monkey but hopefully she will grow out of some of her worst eating habits and she is such a little darling. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.