Nala and Simba playing

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Nala and Simba playing

Post by Pinoy51 »

Not sure if this works but this supposedly is a link to a video I took this morning of Simba and Nala playing

Best regards
Pinoy51
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Nala and Simba playing

Post by Fozzbear »

It does work and it is very cute. I love how the older dogs are so tolerant of the little ones pulling their face fur!
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

The moment Nala arrived I started to work with Simba on accepting and adjusting to her.
he isn't always that tolerant but it is getting better and better.
Even with our cat he becomes more sensitive. :D
Best regards
Pinoy51
wokman
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wokman »

It has been over ten years since I had a Puppy. Does Nala still have her Puppy teeth? I remember those little needles they have for teeth. It appears to be a struggle for pack position, with Simba showing great Chow tolerance for pain. Simba is doing what humans have to do when faced with a dominant dog in the household; ignore.
I hope you check them for punctures and swelling, since you do not know how aggressive they are when you are gone. :roll:
NanouetJon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by NanouetJon »

Wow Pinoy, beautiful chows. Maddoxx would never play with Marru, more tolerates her. That is great to see.

It is also a great demonstration how Chows have a natural defense with their fur. The young pup could get a good mouthful and pull and shake. All to no effect.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Hi Guys,
@wokman don't worry about Simba, he is the boss. Nala only get's to play with him, if he wants too. His mane is very long, I never cut his fur so all she get's is a mouth full of fur. Plus Nala is a very calm little girl, even with us she doesn't use her teeths forceful. She doesn't bite ankle etc. The video shows their favorite play, they do it after waking up and before going to sleep.
And last but not least they have their dog sitter when I'm not at home. so they don't play without supervision.
It is normally Simba I have to stop, if he get's over excited. It is normally Nala who tries to ignore SImba for a while.
He is not letting her out of sight, even for potty he follows and "supervise" the process. :D
I hope I can get a video of them when they play "catch". It is too funny when Nala outruns Simba and uses her small size to get away under chairs etc.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Hi Nanouet,
Simba and Nala say thanks for acknowledging their physical attributes.
actually you're right Simba has an extremely loose skin around the head and his mane is longer than my hand.
So Nala's play bites have no effect to him.
I have to stop him most of the time biting her playfully :)
will keep you updated.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Cannot believe how much patience Simba has with Nala, well done Pinoy for teaching them both how to play relatively nicely.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

They invented a new game tonight, forgot to have the video ready.
Nala crawled on SImbas back and he went from down to sit, so she was sliding down his back :D
Was surely unintentional but it looked like trained. Hope they will do it again.
Best regards
Pinoy51