We adopted a chow mix

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

weezyfbaby
Rank 0
Rank 0

We adopted a chow mix

Post by weezyfbaby »

Weezy and I added Sammie to our family today. She is amazing. She's chow, german shepard, and possibly collie. She's 7ish years young and just as sweet as pie. She has taken to me well, it's just Weezy that she is a lil standoffish with. But he's learning to give her the space she needs. Slowly I'm sure the allure of the new female in the house will go away. Plus once he's neutered I'm sure it'll go down.

I tried to take more pics of her, but she isn't one to stay still for the camera.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: We adopted a chow mix

Post by Cocoa »

Very pretty girl, congrats. =D=
weezyfbaby
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by weezyfbaby »

Thanks! Here they are taking a lil break. It's definitely interesting having 2 dogs now. Especially since they are both polar opposites.

Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

So sweet of Weezy to let her have the couch! What a lovely boy he is! Sammie's lovely too! :-)
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

So cute! Congrats! Sammie remind me of my Dixie. Lol And Weezy is very handsome too. :
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

Congrats on your new furbaby. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for adopting an older dog! =D= \:D/ My heart goes out to the older dogs who need a home and are usually overlooked because young pups are so much cuter. Mine have been older dog rescues. My current one I rescued last December - she is 7 and her name is Whitby.

I recently came across a post regarding a chow who has been in a kennel in a humane society in Augusta. Ga. for about 12 years and they think she may be deaf. My heart ached for her and tears came to my eyes. I wished I lived closer so I could try to rescue her. If anyone is interested in her here is some info
Her name is Sheena. She is in the CSRA Humane Society, Augusta, Ga. Phone (706) 261 7387 e-mail is info@csrahumanesociety.org Fingers and paws crossed someone will give her a home to live out her remaining years and give her some good old-fashioned loving.

Enjoy your new furbaby. She's so lucky to have you as her new mommie! :)