Chow Ear Tufts

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Chow Ear Tufts

Post by 612guy »

We show Brutus but have taken some time off because of no shows with chows entered. So I have let his ear tufts grow and sure enough they came back again. He does have a show coming up so off they go but had to snap a picture. I have never seen them on my other chows and get a kick out of them.

Brutus
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Chow Ear Tufts

Post by Rio »

They look like wings, sooooo cute.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Bramble had ones just like that till she grew so much coat they are buried in it lol :wink:
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

We can only hope Brutus's coat gets so full as Bramble's. We also call them his angel wings because he has something special about him. But then all chows do.

Brutus
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Brutus is beautiful. How has he got on showing. Bramble was shown till she had her legs ops and then she retired.
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

He's a natural because of his pedigree and hs calm nature. The hardest part is finding other chows but we are learning that and are in no hurry because he is only a year old. We wish we could know how he is going to look when he matures but are having a blast now,

Brutus
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Aint that the truth...was thinking it was a regional or seasonal thing, but we cant find any competing chows either. Our next venture (hope), involves a 6 hour drive into the upper lakes region of NY.

As for the ear hair, as long as it isnt clumping, i dont think their is any issue. Just be sure he isnt getting any knots that cant be removed. Would hate to have him clipped to close around the ears after letting it grow out.

We have been letting Rory grow out a bit too and not subject him to over-grooming if not needed.

Hope the fall if easier on the show circuit. Tough to get any points or ranking the way things are going. Would love to hang out with ya at MSG, but gotta get them ranked first.