Shes no Chow, BUT

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Shes no Chow, BUT

Post by chowpups »

Well gang shes' not a chow, but we fell in love anyway.. This is our new gal Bella, I just thought I should let you all know cause I know some of you were helping me in my search for a chow. Well she's cream, but not chow. Anyway we opened our hearts to a golden retriever and so far we are all doing great..Maybe I was just trying too hard to replace Nikki and just needed something totally different. Well I hope I don't lose all my friends here .. Iam sure I can still count on you all to help if I need it.. Its been so long since I had a puppy..Bella is 9 wks. old.. And her name came from my Grandson, since he misses Nikki so much still we wanted to include him in someway.. So here is Bella giving you all a pink kiss to all her purple tongue friends..
Kisses from Bella.jpg
Kisses from Bella.jpg (94.52 KiB) Viewed 8892 times
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Shes no Chow, BUT

Post by Rio »

Hi Bella, you look full of mischief. You appear to have gone from one end of the obediance spectrum to the other, Chows are yeah I will do it, in my own time. Retrievers are more like I did it now what shall I do?
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

OMG what a cute pic Nancy. I am nearly won over to a non chow myself looking at this little sweetheart. Love her. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Thanks she is pretty sweet, Iam preparing like for a storm to hit around 6 months a hurricane may hit my house, not sure but Iam preparing.. LOL
Well it should be a real experience from a chow to a golden retriever but either way we're glad we got a furball baby again in our house..
TOO LONELY WITH OUT ONE..
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Gorgeous, congratulations on your new fur baby.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Nancy she is just gorgeous. I'm so happy for you. =D= Like Rio said you are in for a whole different experience with a retriever. You're going to have a dog that will fetch for one thing and in my experience with retrievers I have ever met you just can't give them enough attention.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Thank you all for your sweet replies.. Yes, she definitely a retriever..she even drags the newspaper up the driveway for my hubby..she's not too in your face yet.. ?? Just sleepy time for now.. My husband has had retrievers in the past growing up so hes ready, and my son is thrilled he has a buddy to jog with (eventually).
She does remind me sometimes of a chow.. Shes sleeping by the air conditioning duct..So chow like.. hehe Iam embracing these quiet moments cause I know they won't last forever: they never do!!!!!
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

:shock: :shock: :shock: That is one strange-looking Chow!!! :D

Congrats on your new baby! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I doubt she's going to give you much trouble, that is not what the breed is about at all. Never knew a GR to make trouble, they're really meek and mild.

Did you know that those Goldens reach biblical ages? My grandma's is 112 years old (16), and is by no means the only ancient GR that I know and knew, but just one of many! Great, right? \:D/
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Sarahloo , what do you mean strange looking chow.. Shes a cream with droopy ears and a buzz hair cut..and her tongue got dipped in pink.. LOL.
She is very sweet but alot more curious than my chow was.. but thats okay.. I expect that.
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Bella is a doll. The only way you lose your Chow friends is if you abandon them. We are not breed snobs (mostly).

My future SIL lost his Golden to stomache cancer at the beginning of Summer, and it had been his boyhood dog. He looked for another GR to repair the hole in his heart, but all he could see was his Jack. He is getting another dog on Thursday though, a Siberian Husky...another going from one extreme to the other. His new boy is 9 though, and very laid back for his breed.

Sometimes, going with a different breed entirely is necessary. And who knows, you may need to get little Bella a companion sometime in the future, and you may still go back to Chow ownership yet.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Auddy, I was thinking on the same lines Bella may need a buddy some day! it is good to hear we can still feel good coming to a chow forum even if we lack all the qualifications!! I've made some great friends here!!! Couldn't stand to give them up!!
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Bella is an honourary Chow, canine is canine lol. She is lovely though, my son wants a daschund (sausage dog as he calls them) not sure Rio would like a dog that looks like food though.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Ahh, Bella would love to be an honourary chow member here.. Funny when looking at the litter I picked her cause she had the brownest ears like a cream chow would have.. I was looking for anything I guess that made her look chowy..LOL
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Bella is too cute. You can fix that tongue with a nice helping of blueberries. Over the weekend we attended a dog event down at Tractor Supply, and the GR rescue group had a table there. My two got to visit. They thought their golden friends were a bit active while my two just wanted to chill on the cool concrete floor. @Auddymay, a Siberian Husky would be a change. Wolf, our Siberian Husky, finally mellowed in her old age, but up until then she was something else.

Chowpups, we hope to see more pictures of Bella.
reddog
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by reddog »

So-o-o cute! How can you resist that face? Enjoy!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! \:D/
Judy Fox
Rank 4
Rank 4
Location: Cheshire, On The Island.(But always wishing she was back home in Wales)

Post by Judy Fox »

Absolutely beautiful! =D=
(Thank you Sweetpea for my new banner.)
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Any update on Bella? Has she been swimming yet, I bet she is going to like your pool a whole lot better than Nikki did. I'd love to see some more pictures. :D
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Okay, update, Bella got to meet my two grandsons this past week, they all got along great, but my one grandson still misses Nikki and talked about her quite a bit, but seemed to warm up nicely to Bella too! The baby had peanut butter and jelly and got it in his hair so Bella washed him up nicely!!
She has not shown any interest in the pool so we are hoping to get the cover on and start out next year, she really does act like a chow in some ways? She sleeps next to the air conditioning vents, not sure about the pool , and so far she's not a great walker?????? She runs back to the door to come IN as soon as she's done going!!!! My son is waiting for this energetic dog???? I know it's coming!!!!! She really has been a good puppy so far she just tilted the scales at 20 lbs at 11 weeks.
I'll post pictures later, I have strep throat and don't feel like running up stairs to the computer that has the pics!!
I think maybe my little petrie dish Grandsons may have left some germs for Me- Mom!!! LOL
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Bella is such a good girl and you know why she behaves like a chow when Nikki is looking over her shoulder and telling her how to behave. She is such a darling and I cant wait to see her new batch of pics when you feel a bit better. Take care and feel better soon x
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Sounds like she is taking her honorary chow status seriously, good girl Bella. =D= I know all about the grandsons and their germs, I usually get a nice cold for Christmas from mine. /:) Hope you feel better soon and I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures when you do.
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Congratulations! What a fabulous pic and georgeous way of introducing. Don't be a stranger. We may learn somthings from the sweetest golden retriever. Enjoy the ball throwing and all the playing you'll be enjoying.
Sooo lovely to hear and see you are happy and enjoying this time with your sweetheart puppy.
Michelle
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

well Iam over my strep (I think) and back from Key West .. Bella did good at the sitters house (my nephews house). He had fun sending me pictures of her while I was gone.. She became a little more fisty with their play ,She likes to carry her leash in her mouth and walk me which is not the way we as Honorary Chow members do..so we will work on that.. Shes getting so big so fast. I want to shrink her back..We all know that feeling.
I must say one thing after Nikki being such a picky eater and never chewed her toys.. WOW this dog is a eating machine.. and loves chew toys.. and after her eating machine is done , her pooping machine works wonders too..(probably too much infomation but I couldn't help myself)..LOL
Heres a pic of her laying in my lap just chilling..
bella on lap.jpg
bella on lap.jpg (108.42 KiB) Viewed 8668 times
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

She's adorable Nancy, love the leash thing, Cocoa used to do that as a puppy so, yes, it still fits with the honorary chow. :D As far as the eating machine, I don't think I have ever met a retriever who would leave food in their bowl the way a chow will, they just wolf it down the second it hits the floor. Looks like she is enjoying using your lap as her pillow.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

She's a sweet girl and likes to keep her momma on her toes. Isla has taken to carrying leashes and when we are getting them ready to go out she often picks up Alfies leash and walks him round the house much to his fury but he cant do anything about it lol. :lol:
Bella is growing sooo fast and what a pretty girl she is :inlove: