a video of my chow chow puppy (charlee bear) being funny.

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

haifinn
Rank 0
Rank 0

a video of my chow chow puppy (charlee bear) being funny.

Post by haifinn »

this is when we were first training her sit, shake and lay down... just thought everyone would want to see, she's really funny and i'm pretty sure she does it on purpose (:

http://youtu.be/BbSFwul7qrY
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: a video of my chow chow puppy (charlee bear) being funny

Post by Rory's Dad »

she's not doing it on purpose, she's confused. too many commands, and no reward for doing it the right way. she doesnt know what you want.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Agree with Rory's Dad. Just the very relaxed manner of a chow prevented a bigger issue, than just being confused.
I'm dealing with rescue dogs beside Simba, this kind of "training" would have send them right back to frustration and anxiety. Would recommend to take it slow and teach one command at a time, reward once done right, then go to the next training. If Charly bear gets older he will refuse this kind of command overload.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I have to agree with Rory's dad too. She is trying, but not getting any indication that she's doing anything right. Only twice was she rewarded and it was after multiple commands. It should be one thing at a time. Tell her "sit" when she does it, reward. Then do it again to reinforce the command, wait a moment while she holds it, then reward.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!