Chow loving from Scotland

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Chow loving from Scotland

Post by chowpups »

Just got back from Scotland and Ireland and along the way I got to meet finally Siriol and her lovely family, who I met on CC org. It was a long flight but to be loved by so many chows at one time was well worth it..Thank you Siriol for a lovely time in Scotland and what a great host you were to my husband and I.. Got the whole nine yards on this visit..Chow time, touring, eating, drinking and so many laughes.. It was wonderful. Thank you
Here is a few pics of me getting my chow fix. They were all so well behaved and gave such a proper welcoming to us.
IMG_4307.JPG
IMG_4307.JPG (58.78 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
IMG_4306.JPG
IMG_4306.JPG (62.13 KiB) Viewed 3481 times
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Chow loving from Scotland

Post by Rio »

Lovely photos, did you enjoy your vacation? Hope the weather wasn't too bad for you.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

We loved every minute of it and weather behaved nicely .. Very nice change from 100 degrees and humid! A little rain never melted us!!! One day of drizzle in Scotland and one in Ireland! Not bad .
Siriol gave us a great tour of Scoltand and we had a tour guide in Ireland set up so we saw a lot and my aching knees are now just resting!! Hehe. My husband just looked on his IPHONE and it looks like we escaped all the rain again??? Hehe Here in PA high of 83 today and sunny ..
Loved the B and B we stayed at which was also a working sheep farm that they didn't use Border collies for herding but the new way is by 4 wheelers! ( that was alittle disappointing though)
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Ooh, so jealous. Sounds like you had a great time Nancy and the girls look beautiful. I hope you took lots of pictures and will share some more when you get a chance. And now that your home maybe it's time to start looking for another chow of your own?
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Cocoa wrote: And now that your home maybe it's time to start looking for another chow of your own?
I think so, Bramble was so sweet and reminded me of Nikki sooo much ! I did get alittle emotional seeing and hugging her! Izzie was also so sweet And so loving with her baby too! And Isla is so funny she has a lot of respect for the pecking order ! BUT loves to rustle around with mom Izzie. Wonderfully behaved chows and cats.( sorry Alfie you too!) I have more photos Siriol said I'd have to photo shop some scenery in cause I kept taking chow pictures. LOL

Iam still in awe of flying over and meeting a chow person just like myself!!! I guess that's what they mean by far and few, but loyal chow lovers we are!!
Sarahloo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Sarahloo »

Why didn't you adopt one of her puppies? :-(
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

I am totally jealous, not only did you go to Scotland, (a place I'd love to see) but you got to hug Isla....not fair! And Izzy and Bramble too!
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Don't think we didn't try to get one of the pups but again timing wasn't right for shipping to our state in the summer heat and weight and height restrictions in cabin , and other road blocks too, But Siriol did offer me a pup which was so sweet!

Scotland was beautiful and so friendly I was truly taken back by how nice everyone treated us! The B & B was just wonderful that we stayed at too! We needed more time to see everything but we got to see a great deal in the time there! From castles to mountainsides to loches and small towns. Oh and a FEW pubs, hehe..
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Sounds wonderful (other than the fact that you didn't bring a chowling back as a souvenir). I think it's illegal to go to Ireland (probably in Scotland as well) without stopping in at a few pubs isn't it? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Awww I am so hopeless....I only just saw this.

Nancy, yours and Bobs visit was just amazing we loved having you and had so many laughs together. I said it so many times but will say one more I cant really believe you came all that way to see us. You and Bob were everything and more that we expected and when we were allowed we talked chow a fair bit. The men folk thought we lapsed into chow a little too much but we were very happy in our native tongue! :D

What lovely pics you took. Bramble is very special and gives the biggest furry hugs but only to a very select chosen few and you were definitely one of those.

Thank you for the lovely things you have written. One day we come across to see you and by then you will have your own bundle of furriness too. xxxx
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.