Loha's Recent Journey

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Loha's Recent Journey

Post by Loha'sDad »

Loha and I recently went on an 11 day, 4000 mile drive from Phoenix, Arizona to Vancouver, British Columbia and back. On the way up we went through Utah, Idaho, Montana and Washington and then on the way back travelled Highway 101 along the Pacific coast all the way from Seattle to Los Angeles and then accross to Phoenix. I took almost 1,400 photos on the trip and selected 159 to caption and put on Photobucket (did this daily to keep up). You like pictures, you got pictures. ENJOY!!!
http://photobucket.com/LohaRoadTrip2012
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Loha's Recent Journey

Post by Rio »

One word WOW!!!! You have some stunning scenery over the pond, truly amazing sights. Loha seemed to enjoy your trip, I have only managed to look as far as picture 100, will look at the rest tomorrow. Some of your captions are hilarious, oh yeah love your car.
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Rio wrote:One word WOW!!!! You have some stunning scenery over the pond, truly amazing sights. Loha seemed to enjoy your trip, I have only managed to look as far as picture 100, will look at the rest tomorrow. Some of your captions are hilarious, oh yeah love your car.
Thanks! It was a GREAT trip and Loha and I had a blast!!! You will have to see it all in person some day!!!!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

My fav...

Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Auddymay wrote:My fav...

Thanks! Here is my favorite:
beachpull.jpg
beachpull.jpg (77.24 KiB) Viewed 6636 times
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

I loved them all but I liked this one a little more Image
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

The pictures are all fabulous, my personal favorite:
Cocoa and I would have enjoyed meeting Loha while you were in Vancouver. I always have a soft spot for the black ones.
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures of our journey. That picture does carry a powerfully wistful feeling, doesn't it? Your admiration of it made me appreciate that for the first time.
Rio wrote:I loved them all but I liked this one a little more Image
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

You have a VERY BEAUTIFUL city there. Because of the time constraints on our journey, we drove into Canada and out on the same day. I saw the Vancouver bayfront scene on the Olympics broadcast and wanted to verify it was as great as it appeared. IT IS!!! Glad you enjoyed the photos.
Cocoa wrote:The pictures are all fabulous, my personal favorite:
Cocoa and I would have enjoyed meeting Loha while you were in Vancouver. I always have a soft spot for the black ones.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Glad you enjoyed your quick visit and I am very glad that the weather was nice for you, we've had a lot of rain this spring/summer.
Loha'sDad
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Loha'sDad »

Cocoa wrote:Glad you enjoyed your quick visit and I am very glad that the weather was nice for you, we've had a lot of rain this spring/summer.
Thanks. Yes, the weather was gorgeous and we drove around and saw the bay from the other side. Unfortunately, then rush hour traffic started. WOW, gridlock in EVERY direction!!! Anyway, for WAY more pictures of Vancouver and everything else we saw on the trip (1371 total) there is http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... da%20Trip/
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Wow that's a lot of pictures! Yeah we have got the worst gridlock here, Vancouver just got named second worst traffic in North America, second only to L.A. :shock:
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

I thought the one I liked seemed to sum up a Chow perfectly. Loha looks deep in thoughts and the serenity of the picture just flows out.

Vancouver sounds like fun at rush hour!!!!! Or any hour by the sounds of it. Maybe everyone should take up cycling.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

Rio, the cyclists and the bike lanes are a big part of why the traffic is as bad as it is. Vancouver is basically an island, the property prices are crazy so everyone lives in the suburbs and commutes, which means bridges in and out of the city which equals lots of bottlenecks. Luckily I live and work in the 'burbs so no long commutes for me.
I thought the one I liked seemed to sum up a Chow perfectly. Loha looks deep in thoughts and the serenity of the picture just flows out.
I felt the same way about the one I chose, just laying there contemplating the ocean. :)
Chowmomma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chowmomma »

Amazing pics!!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2