Chows and cats

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Chows and cats

Post by Sirchow »

I thought you might like to see what good friends chows and cats can be and a few pics of Isla
Yes its a dirty bone I found in the garden....but its MY dirty bone. You can find your own!
I am eating it whether you like it or not.....
Snoozy time
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Staceyvd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Chows and cats

Post by Staceyvd »

OH MY GOD. Isla is SO freaking adorable it brings tears to my eyes. The way she's sleeping is just the cutest thing ever!! I want a cream chow SO baddddddddd.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Not long now before I can see this is person.. Listen CCorg members Iam taking one for the team, (okay Iam one lucky person really).. Iam heading to Scotland to make sure these pups are real (there has been questions)and not stuffed toys.. hehehe
Absolutely precious. And all look so comfy together.. and one tuckered out pup at the end. Chewing that bone took all she had..
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

What adorable photos. Isla is so precious. Nancy we'll be expecting a full report from Scotland including many pics, I'm so jealous and I'm sure many others here are as well.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I susspect this is going to be a very well documented trip.....cant wait now \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The doggies are practicing their bagpipes as I speak and the guard of honour drill for the airport is coming on nicely....shame they refuse to wear their kilts :lol:
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

I'm sure it will be well documented but will there be any pictures of Scotland or just chows? :lol:
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Hummm, might have to photo shop some scenery in with my chow photos , Iam not too good at that but I think Siriol can help me out!! Isla in side a castle might be a clue though !!!!! Izzie in a kilt doing a tour??? Bramble tipping a glass at dinner might all be a clue but it might happen!!!! But I will get a photo of me and the crew for sure!!!
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Isla is too cute. It is nice to see that your Persian is sweet to your dogs. Chelsea, our Persian, is busy being the queen and has no desire to associate with mere dogs. Ursa, who also likes being queen, ignores Chelsea, and the two pass through the house like ships passing in the night.
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Ollie is no common Persian :lol: He is a chinchilla Persian and they do have a different personality. He was a rescue and came out a house of 64 live cats and many more dead. He is amazing as no one had ever touched him when he was conscious before we had him at about 18 months. The gentlest boy in the world. Never in eight years has he scratched even once!
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Oh I love the chinchillas' they are so different to standard persians. Isla as always you are one cute little chowling, I may have to take a trip to Bonnie Scotland with a large bag and a pocketful of treats, oh and the engine running. Tee-hee. You are just the cutest cheeky faced tike ever. I want to smush you and squish you LOL
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Any time :lol:
I should warn you.....cars and handbags are searched on leaving .......
Rio
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Rio »

Spoil sport LOL. She is just so cute.
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Didn't hear anything about suitcases and airplanes????
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I am not worrying about that Nancy....by the sound of things there wont be room for a mouse in your suitcase :lol:
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Okay you got me on that one!!! Hubby says he thinks Iam moving over?
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

I'm working on getting a cream girlfriend for Simba. Isla is soooooooo.... cute.
Chibi and Simba are on their way to getting along with each other. Simba is just too excited and wants to play all the time when he sees Chibi, but resting in one room is working already.
Any tip how to guide the process of becoming friends ?
Best regards
Pinoy51
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

Looks like they are doing pretty good there. My two have never wanted to play with the cats. Malachi used to carry China around in his mouth. She apparently didn't mind. He would also herd her up to the house at night if we told him to "find your kitty". She would eat out of the dog bowls, and was non-excitement to the dogs. The other cats are not interesting beyond a sniff check to see where they have been. Of course, all my cats were raised with dogs. Simba is still a young boy and looking for excitement, so he does want to play a lot.
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

agree with the "looking for excitement" part. He has the charm of an "bulldozer" when it comes to play invitations to Chibi. He approaches with big jumps and play barking, which annoys Chibi to the bones. She goes hiding, up high or gets defensive. Guess we have to wait until he calms down more, before we have chance to see this two together in a picture being awake.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

They look like they are doing pretty well together many cats and dogs couldn't be in the same room. Both very pretty :)
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

It takes my close supervision of Simba. Once he calmed down, Chibi fell asleep on the bed, so he settled below and I could take the shot. The moment she started moving, he went back to being too excited.
I had to "guard" Chibi out of the room. Patience will get us there.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

It will if you have got this far I promise. One thing I found made a huge difference was to have a part of the house my cats can retreat to completely out of the way of the chows. Then they can come forth on their own terms and all of them have eventually done so and told the chows what they think of them and now peace reigns....pretty much :lol: Ollie lived in the secure part of the house for six months and wouldn't come out and then one day he came out and told Bramble as a puppy what he thought of her and never looked back!
Pinoy51
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Pinoy51 »

Yes, that's actually what Chibi did too. She only came back to the "Chow part" of the house this month. So approx. 6 month after Simba arrived. But she is not asking for respect, she always retreats. But thanks for the confirmation, I keep going with them, find it too cute when they're together.
Best regards
Pinoy51
Grab
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Grab »

We, too, have Persians along with our Chows. Wonderful cats :)
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Can't believe I missed this post.. Anyway OMG also, too cute. I too had 2 persians who I had to put down last year, one was Pugsley (Black) and Teddy (Blue). Both had squished in faces and were 18.

Enjoy your furry friends, (mine is snoring right now).
Ursa's daddy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ursa's daddy »

I agree with Sirchow's comment about having a retreat for the cats. I had a one room with a 12" (30cm) piece of plywood blocking the door. The cats easily jumped over it, and the dogs knew they were to stay out. The cats were also fed on top of a file cabinet because dry food was left out for them to graze. It worked out quite well, but then all our cats were raised with dogs and vice versa. Bit, our newest dog, has learned not to mess with the cats. Of course, when you are smaller than the cats, and the cats dominate all the dogs, you learn.