Brutus Best Of Winners

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Brutus Best Of Winners

Post by 612guy »

There aren't many Chows around that show so getting points are hard. But last weekend he finally had a chance and did get his first point as best of winners. We are still learning as we go but he is a natural.

Brutus
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Brutus Best Of Winners

Post by Theo »

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful!!! :)
Fozzbear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Fozzbear »

Well done Brutus!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Congrats to Brutus...

And yes, the points are hard to come by. I am beginning to develop a conspiracy theory against Rory. I utilize a pro handler, and she is scratching her head to try and figure out where the other chows are going.

Rory is only 10 months old, so 4 months ago the shows averaged about 6 - 10 chows. Now obviously we are looking for males for the points, but lately, no numbers at all. Big show starting on the 4th in Springfield MA, 5 days. Well over 1300 dogs entered for each day...Chows...max day entry is 4. On one day, Rory is the only Chow entered. Nice for a BOB win, but not worth is cause no points. We paid for entry for all 5 days, but will only show 2 because there are no points up for grabs. Better to lose the entry fee than to incur my handler fees and hotel costs.

All the show people that we originally encountered no longer enter (and they havent finished the dog) or pull a no show. The only reg that shows up has really great dogs, and we surprised ourselves at besting one of them recently. Yay, Rory. My handler has said that none of the other Chow people will tell her where they are going...so what gives...How can I finish my dog if noone else will show up? I think the scoring system is out of whack. Kinda like the College Bowl System in football.

The end result is that i will have to spend way more money to travel outside my home region. How does that help determine that Rory is CH material and worthy breeding stock (thats what the AKC Designation is all about)?

612, lets see if we can find a common ground. It would be great to show against Brutus...lets start a revolution...LOL...I cant figure out why other chow owners wouldnt want to show against some good competition and really earn the points.
612guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 612guy »

Thanks for everyone's support. Brutus is still just over 1 year old and we have along ways to go. Like I said before we show Brutus to socialize him first and to see other great chows in the process. We have see both GCH CH Josol's Titan and GCH CH IMAGINE LOVE'S SECOND CHANCE. They were very amazing and their handler/owners were friendly to us.

As for getting his Ch my thought is it probably doesn't matter to me. I figure if someone wants to use him for stud service seeing him will make it or break it. Plus since there isn't much of a market for it I don't see it happening that often anyways . We just want to see how good he is because he has something very special about him.

Brutus