Sasha is home!!!!

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Sasha is home!!!!

Post by chowpups »

I thought that too if you look at my banner Nikki has a chipmunk STRIPES they have..
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Ha haaa that made me laugh. We have that toy and the description says the dog will inquistively look in the log and pull the chipmunks out. Yeah right. They ripped them out like they were real and shook them to death in a second. My chows have very high prey drive/hunting instincts. Having said that me still have one left that has been sewn together a few times. Alfie likes to shake it to death regularly :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Penelope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Penelope »

It's probably a good puppy toy then, lol, at 10 weeks she can just barely get the chipmunks out! :mrgreen:
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Perfect for a well behaved little angel like Sasha :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
cherriemater
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by cherriemater »

If you've seen the videos of our boys hunting ... oh yeah ... strong prey drive. The tally of things they got for Christmas:

Snowman Squeaker = No Head
Christmas Tree Squeaker = No ball on top
Santa Squeaker = Hole in bells, head and shoes (heavier plastic was a bit more challenging)
Two rope rings with squeakers = Squeakers bit out first day, ring connectors chewed off and unraveled when I tried to wash them.
Skunk with squeaker = hanging on great. Been through the wash three times and still squeaks
Raccoon with squeaker = same as above
Two Nerf basketballs = chewed up instantly
Rope-a-dope = AWESOME toy for two bucks at Dollar General. When some rope gets unraveled by the boys teeth, just cut it off. It's glued at all connections and also handled beautifully in the washer/dryer.
Santa plushie = No more beard, no more belt, no more mustache but has handled well twice in washer
Snowman plushie = no more scarf, hat hanging on by a thread (seriously, I should just cut that off now) and SURPRISINGLY the carrot nose is still there (I thought that'd be the first to go)

I thought the log thingy was sooooo cute ... but, sadly, would last all of 5 minutes with our boys. And, I agree with Siriol ... Miss Sasha is such an angel.
Joe and Marti Martin ... Chow Chow lovers for Life (RIP Kimba 06/03/2011)
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Nikki at 4 years still had her first toys she got when we brought her home and still looked like new.. All she ever did was carry them around and lick them.. I guess she just wanted to be a Momma..
Marti what's the saying. Boys will be Boys...get ready I think you will be. Living that motto.
Cocoa
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Cocoa »

I love the squirrel/chipmunk tree. Cocoa would probably like it since they all squeak.
Nikki at 4 years still had her first toys she got when we brought her home and still looked like new. All she ever did was carry them around and lick them.
Baby was like Nikki, she would just carry her stuffed toys around with her. Cocoa is a little harder on her toys, she doesn't try to rip them apart but she does her best to kill the squeakers and likes to shake and toss them around.
Yvonne
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yvonne »

Brandon just carried his toys around, too. Never tore anything up.

He liked them, but to him playing was carrying them to the hallway.
Brandon's Mom - even now that he's at the Bridge.
Penelope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Penelope »

Sophie never tore much apart either, however she did always manage to break the squeakers inside somehow. lol Maybe it's a boy girl thing?
MrsMohr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by MrsMohr »

She is so beautiful, she doesn't even look real! I'm so happy you finally got her!
Rory's Dad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rory's Dad »

Congrats on Sasha, what an absolutely perfect little lady...i gotta change forums, i think Rory is getting inappropriate thoughts. his st bernard girlfriend from puppy class is going to be very disappointed.
Penelope
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Penelope »

A few more photos of Sasha!!

she is going to get her eyes tacked on Friday for entropion, which she'll hopefully grow out of :(

ImageImage