My black chow mix

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: My black chow mix

Post by chica_2626 »

Thanks for the replies : ) the furminating definitely helped him but I think we'll be having another session probably sometime this week to see what else comes off. Maybe I can make a second chow chow with it?!

I think it's funny that when people see J.D. the have one of three reactions:
A) Steer clear of him and pull their children away, the pricked ears and wagging tail are sure signs he's about to attack you know haha
B) Go "ohhhh he's SO CUTE AND FLUFFY!!!!!"
C) And then sometimes, usually if I'm out walking and cross paths with someone, they just stop and stare for a moment and then go, "that is a beautiful animal." It's an interesting thing to me because I've never heard someone have that reaction to any other dog. They almost seem in awe of him. I mean I do think he's beautiful, but I look at him and I see my fluffy snuggle buddy, not quite this regal animal others perceive him to be. But I am of course glad to hear that people think so! It just struck me as almost odd the first couple times.
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

Ummm so I need to have another proud mom moment right now. Took J.D. to an event happening at the mall and got his picture taken by a local pet photographer that I love. I adore this picture!!! www.phodographer.com

chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

Have one more picture from Phodographer to share. LOVE!!!
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Beautiful pictures! :) Your boy has gorgeous eyes! They just make me melt, just like my Jasper's do. :)
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
chica_2626
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chica_2626 »

Thought I'd put some updated pictures in here, I've been MIA for a little while now.

J.D. and I participated in a photo shoot for an ad campaign for an adoption event I was helping with that just occured this past weekend. We were kind of covering the side of things that even purebred animals can end up homeless (I am really thinking more and more that J.D. might be purebred as he's aged)

"MOOOOOM why do you keep taking pictures of me?"

The guardian

Sleeping with his head still up after a muddy day at the park.

Snowbeard
TyChowgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TyChowgirl »

And he very well may be. Not all chows are squishy or bulky. Some are still stout, but more...athletic looking, shall I say? These tend to be the open faced ones from what I've seen. My boy Tiberius is very much like that. He's still compact, but he's lankier and less squishy looking, but I wouldn't doubt his dna even though the breeders weren't AKC. I got to meet both parents and they looked full chow, even though another one she had a property she insisted was and no way that it was...anyways... your boy is handsome, and even if he's not 100 percent, he still looks mostly chow to me!
Kaysa
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Kaysa »

That face makes me want to hug him to death!!! :p lol He's beautiful, doesn't matter if he's full chow or no :p
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

I missed some of these pics. Beautiful poses and those eyes so clear.. Doesn't matter what he is, hes a love.. right.
jazzmineong
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by jazzmineong »

I love the pics from the phodographer!! Excellent!! You have a very beautiful chow! I may have to have something like that done with my two.
Live well, Laugh often, Love much
Jazzminesong