Bonzo Blue Eyes 1 year pics!

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bonzo Blue Eyes 1 year pics!

Post by Bino Hendrix »

My loved and loyal Bonzo is almost 1 year old now. He's still gentle and kind and his eyes are still blue as the sky! I found two girlfriends for him and I hope he makes a blue eyed baby someday!
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: Bonzo Blue Eyes 1 year pics!

Post by chowhuskylass »

He is delicious :mrgreen:
gumbychow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gumbychow »

hello "Bino Hendrix
Great ... I love
You should call your chow Jimi Hendrix 8)
a +
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Love your dog. Very handsome fella.
I hate to burst your bubble, but chows don't have blue eyes.
( yes, I know, I'm such a killjoy - but honestly don't mean to be)

That would be considered a very major fault, because generally speaking it could be a sign of other issues such as PRA (progressive retinal atrophy) , - or - this is a mix, ( possibly with a malamute, hence the saddle on his back, so perhaps you'd want to reconsider breeding a dog like this.
NEVER Support Back Yard Breeders & Puppy Mills
Contact Your local Chow Chow Association to find your Breeder of Merit!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

I thought of that! Really! But I was reading a Led zeppelin biography when I got him and I decided to name him after John Bonham, the Zep's drummer. His nickname was Bonzo and I thought it would be a cool name. When I was a kid, I had a fila brasileiro named Elvis, my friend has a golden retriever named Scott (named after AC/DC's Bon Scott) and my cousin had a dog named Lennon. Dead rock stars are the coolest names ever! Im planning to get Bonzo a wife, probally a cream chow, and name her Janis!

And Merlin, I guess you're wrong , dude. My dog doesnt have any eye desease, since I worried about that when was a pup and his vision is perfect. And his not a mix, since he's registered in the CKCB here in Brazil. at first, when i got him , I was concerned about that and searched the internet and came across a few dogs with the same eyes. Actually, I found a dog that had four blue eyed puppies.They say it can happen if you mix a blue chow with a cream one. and the breeders dont advice you to breed him with another cream, cinnamon or blue. I agree his not dog show material but.....who cares? His health is perfect and he can jump, run for hours in a hot brazillian day, swim, hunt...What do you call breeding material? Those chubby chows that look more like pigs than dogs? Or the ones we all know that are shar pei mixes, with hip and elbow displasia and ultra sensitive skin? Maybe it could be those you pay a couple of thousend dollars and had to make a eye surgery in his firtsyear of age(yes, i was told that by a ultra famous breeder in Brazil). I dont know what you people call genetic improvement anymore...seriuosly. Look at what they have done with the bulldog. Is a deformed dog, that needs to give birth with a c section and most of them need artifical insemination because the males cant copulate properly. But the breeders love to say they are doing the best they can to garantee the future of the breed. AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL: If I breed my dog , all the puppies will have a happy home and be loved. That is why a dog should be born for. Live a happy life running, digging holes, hiding bones, sleeping, playing and not be running in circles on a stage, held on a leash by an old lady with a table full of judges giving him a score for every move he makes. Thats is what I believe.
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

They say it can happen if you mix a blue chow with a cream one
not true.

I didn't say your dog DID have eye disease, I asked you to consider the possibility.
It doesn't matter who your chow is registered with. A fault is a fault however, and you'd absolutely be disqualified in the ring with those blue eyes.
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

Who cares, man? Most of the chows we see here would be disqualified. Even the original ones, brought from Asia in the late 1800's would be disqualified these days. Take a look at the first champions between 1900 and 1930 and tell me if they look anything alike this chows we see on tv ? NOPE? Whats that? Maybe is "genetic imrovement". Dude, I dont see dogs as product or merchandise, like you do . I dont care if those ugly dudes with green suits and a pony tail give my dog a big ZERO in a show. The truth is , everywher I go with my dog, people want to take a pic with him, and thats enough for me.They are my judges.
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Who cares?
There are sound reasons why faults become faults.
I understand and appreciate the point you are trying to make - BUT - and while it' s possible in your country the evolution of the chow has taken a downfall, that doesn't mean it has happened in other countries, and you are completely wrong in saying that the original chow from the 1800's would be disqualified. As long as that original chow would be in the standard, it would have the same respect that the 'ornamental' ones would have.d Many breeders in Europe and Africa and in the USA have kept well away from the 'fat' 'chubby' 'overdone' chows. There are plenty of well built , athletic chows out there, you just haven't seen them. I think even the Chinese from the 1800's would tell you that your dog has a serious fault

I'm sure loads of people want to take pictures with your chow, but I'm sure it has to do with him being more of an abberation because of his blue eyes, than because of him being representative of the breed ( and I'm saying this without any type of prejudice what so ever). Love your dog, nothing wrong with that. Breed it just because you think he's boss, well, that's another story.
I dont see dogs as product or merchandise, like you do
Boy, are you ever wrong with that statement. Good luck with your breeding program
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Grab
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Grab »

Most registering bodies are just that...registering bodies. A dishonest breeder can easily register a questionable litter of pups.
Chows don't have blue eyes...even blue Chows do not have eyes that color. That would remind me more of something like Siberian Husky or Aussie mixed in there.

He's a lovely dog, but I'd hope you don't mislead your puppy buyers by pawning it off as a rare trait.
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

You're are wrong my friend. People take pic with my dog just because he looks nice. Just that. Some have never heard the word chow chow before and dont know were they come from and how they should look. They dont think he's a freak or anything. And I would never sell the pups or start a breeding program. I would give them ayay for those who asked me, as a gift. Once again, I dont see dogs as a merchandise LIKE YOU. Do I smell jealousy? There are hundred's of chow mixes here, some dont look like a chow at all and I dont see you guys saying anything. Im just an amateur, but you, as a breeder, should STUDY a little bit more...Have you ever seen a malamute's eyes? They might be blue, but dont look my dogs eyes. And dont you think, if he was a cross between a malamute and chow, he would be bigger?
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Do I smell jealousy?
oh gosh hell no!

and NO dog's are NOT products to me, but I certainly do believe in good breeding practices and I believe in quality bloodlines.

I totally agree with Grab.
There's a great chance that your chow has more than just chow in it. Best of luck!
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

I agree that those registration bodies could give a fake document, since you pay to get them. The only thing I dont get is that I saw the fathers and grandfathers of this dog and they all looked like mine, some bigger and some smaller,some red, others blue and cream, but none had a blue eye. I admit that at some point, in the family tree, might be a cross between a chow and something else but i find it hard to believe tha is a husky or malamute . Don't worry man, Im not gonna put my puppies for sale as a "special blue eyed chow chow". Im not going to ruin your BUSINESS. Two female chow owners asked to have my dog's puppies and I might do it, because they are nice people and really liked my dog (yeah, people seem to love the abberation), that's all.
gumbychow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gumbychow »

hello "Bino
I will also call the little Gumby Janis ... or maybe Bourbon (Wisky).
You're very nice Bino.
Here is some information for Merlin ... Ouff
Bino shows his dog he did not want a medical consultation and esoteric ... or whether his dog would be the number one show.
Please Stop always judging.
It was at its 9 th visit here ... that you want to be alone and Merlin talk all day ...
I am interested in this dog as its owner. You, you think only of the race ... but there are humans behind.
Long live rock ...
a + Bino
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Im not going to ruin your BUSINESS
Nobody here runs a business, so I don't know why you keep dredging this up as an argument of some sort.

It's curious that now you yourself are now saying it's possible that the dog might be mixed.
Anyways, just because "people are nice", isn't a reason to breed. *oye*

I never said anything derogatory about your dog, in fact I even complimented him, so you shouldn't take it so personally.
You, you think only of the race ... but there are humans behind
and Gumby, supportive breeding comments coming from you, well, there is no surprise here.
I've left you alone and I respectfully as you to do the same.
Last edited by Merlin on Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
bellabear27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by bellabear27 »

Bonzo is absolutely stunning!!

Tyler, Jenna, Bella & Bruin.
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

Merlin, buddy...I admit it because I can't garantee if those dog breeders, like yourself, lied to me, just like you can't garantee to me that your dogs don't have any trace of shar pei in them. Just lookin at the face of that Wookie, I KNOW it has some shar pei in there. A breeder once told me that was a very comomn practice back in the days, and even explained why: they wanted a thicker body, so they chosen a dog with the same tail shape, same background (asian dog) and of course, the blue tongue. ALL DOGS ARE MIXES SINCE THEY ARE THE SAME SPECIES! They mixed the Saint Bernard with the Terranova to create a "long coat Saint Bernard" . And they all agree now, that they are accepted as a pure blood Saint Bernard! So, deep down, all dogs are the same and able to breed. Unless we do a cross that may cause a genetic disorder of some kind, like it happened with the bulldog AND THE CHOW!!!!You don't read anything about chows having hip displasia or eye defectiveness in the early 1900's..... And gumby is right,man...why do you feel so threatened if I breed my dog?
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Just lookin at the face of that Wookie, I KNOW it has some shar pei in there.
Hello? Chows are much older than sharpei. It's a well known fact that part of the creation of the sharpei is the smooth chow, so naturally sharpei have characterists that are similar to smooth chows. He's a smooth chow not a full coated chow. Do your research.! A chowpei doesn't look anything like Wookie.

On top of that, I'll be the first to say that Wookie should not ever be used for breeding because he's far too big and outside of the standard at 129 lbs, even though he comes from a long line of champions, has points and turns heads, but he has a genetic disposition to entropian and he has poor conformation ( as far as I'm concerned), so being a responsible person, why would I breed him? Just because people are nice and like him? And I can tell you that I'd have a lineup around my building for breeding rights with him so Wookie is neutered. He's not a breeding stud
The last thing we need here where I live are more poorly bred chows. There are plenty already and I choose not to contribute to the problem.
why do you feel so threatened if I breed my dog?
I'm not threatened at all. It's the message that you're sending.
It's a futile argument. Chows do not have blue eyes. IF they do they are mixed with something else - or - again, carrying a genetic marker that can result in health problems. Get over it.

Consider researching the canine overpopulation problem in Brazil if anything.
They seem to have an even worse problem than ourselves or the USA.
Better Yet ! Adopt!
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

Man, i dont have to get over it because I DONT CARE! All I care is that he is healthy, pretty, and carries the traces I look in a chow. Unlike your defective wookie, Bonzo will never go to surgery to fix his eyes ( Maybe to paint them black , so I can put him in a dog show hahahahahaha). Seriously , dude. You are a DOG GEEK, not a DOG LOVER!
Ps: My Bonzo is not neutered, nor a stud. IM THE STUD here at home. He's just the chick magnet!
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

I DONT CARE!
Well I guess that's a part of what's wrong with society now isn't it.
IM THE STUD here at home
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

Man, when I say dont care it means that I love him anyway, even if he was three legged dog. If chow owners see him , with all the faults that you say that he has, and still want to breed their dog with mine, what am I supposed to do? Tell them: "No, I wont do that . Bonzo is not worthy. In fact , I'm gonna chop his balls off today." The best way to buy a dog is looking at their parents, brothers, etc... If you like what you see, buy it. If not, dont buy it. And im not even gonna sell them. All the pups will be given away to friends who asked. Simple as that. Im not going to try to sell them as "high quality chows" or throw on the street those who doesnt pass the "quality test". I know you have all that prepared speech about iresponsable breeding, abandoned dogs, etc....but it doesnt fit here, dude. All the pups are taken. In fact, there's a waiting list.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Bonzo is very handsome!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
gumbychow
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gumbychow »

hello "Bino

a +
He returned there a lot of nice people here
Bino Hendrix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Bino Hendrix »

Merlin is probably a midle aged guy and he is acting like a teenage internet troll. Pathetic...
Merlin
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Merlin »

Bino Hendrix wrote:Merlin is probably a midle aged guy and he is acting like a teenage internet troll. Pathetic...
You're wrong on all counts.
It's tragic that the only way you can get your point across is to insult people. I didn't insult neither You or your dog.
All you've proven here is that you can't reach the unreachable, which is even more pathetic
valerierichard27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by valerierichard27 »

Bino Hendrix wrote:Merlin is probably a midle aged guy and he is acting like a teenage internet troll. Pathetic...
LOL NOPE SHES A WOMAN and others here too have issues with her, just report the post to the mods and ignor her, Your Bonzo is AMAZING !!! So cute and thoses eyes make me wanna hug him even more :D