Taishi and Yumi first pictures of spring

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Taishi and Yumi first pictures of spring

Post by chowhuskylass »

Been a month since Yumi's operation and the first nice sunny day really so took a few snap of taishi and yumi, efe was being her usual camera hating self and packed herself off into the house lol

Taishi

Was not that funny, she laughing at my misfortune

Be serious now lol

Yumi

Together
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Re: Taishi and Yumi first pictures of spring

Post by Victory »

oh my, you must be feeding them a really good diet, (I knew you were anyway) their coats have grown out so beautifully, they don't look the same at all. Tashi looks a bit like my Firesong, the same longer nose and the same expression in her eyes. Yumi has such a cute round little face, her ears and eyes just vanish in all that fur don't they?
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

Thank you I am over the moon with them both, they are on a salmon and rice diet with omega 3 oils as a supplement, taishi has the most open and honest eyes they simply melt your heart she is a strong but calm dog and super tolerant of others loves to fetch a tennis ball. Everybody thinks yumi is a puppy, she has such a small stocky build big clumsy feet and that face, everyone falls head over heels for her and she knows it lol, she is cheeky and sweet with a stubborn streak a mile wide lol her nickname is moon bear due to that flurry round head, we have been truly blessed with our girls well with all of our babies.
Calift
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Calift »

They are so gorgeous!! I love the smiling picture, it's hard to catch the expression of a black dog...but you do it so nicely! :wink:
Image <3
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Wonderful photos, they've come a long way from when you adopted them.. They look so happy.. but who wouldn't ..great job.. We also had a nice spring day today. the first in a long time..
Victory
Rank 3
Rank 3
Location: North Chesterfield, (Right outside Richmond) Virginia

Post by Victory »

You know, it just may be the light she's in, but I've thought for a while now that Yumi might not actually be a black chow but a really dark blue, I notice in the new picture her nose leather is a bit lighter than Tashi's. Might just be my computers.
Victory, Darkwind, (our angel), Firesong, and Dreamdancer
Thank you SweetPea!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Beautiful Pictures, beautiful subjects!
SweetPea Rocks!!
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

Victory wrote:You know, it just may be the light she's in, but I've thought for a while now that Yumi might not actually be a black chow but a really dark blue, I notice in the new picture her nose leather is a bit lighter than Tashi's. Might just be my computers.
You may well be right on that Yumi has the blue/grey hairs on her bum and tail and i have been told its the marker for the carrying of the blue gene, her fur does look more dark blue/black rather than a true black. Your not the first to notice and say it, so i am inclined to agree.
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Wow...they both look gorgeous. Beautiful pictures!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

Thank you for you kind comments :mrgreen:

Here is a full picture f Yumi you can see the coat better she has a dark face and it fades out toward the back her bum is blue/grey, the shaven area is not the leg that was operated on thats on the other side yumi was the victim of a misunderstanding between the vet and vet nurse preparing her for her op and ended up with both hind legs shaved off #-o Due to the fact she was shaved before we re-homed her, her coat has suffered damage we are doing what we can to help the coat repair but its a dry woolly coat, and take some serious grooming to keep well and bathing with handmade aromatherapy shampoos that give the coat oils and proteins.

Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

I just can't believe how good they look! Their coats are shiny and thick and full and they look so happy! =D= :D I love the "laughing" picture - too cute! :lol:
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Oh, poor Yumi with having both legs shaved.. but she still looks great.. I can only imagine what Yumi was thinking when that happened.. Momma tell them, quick...wrong leg..
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

I thought Yumi looked blue as well, now I think it all the more, looking at the full body shot. Both are beautiful!
ilovemysmoothie!
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ilovemysmoothie! »

Congratulations, your chows are absolutly GORGEGOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =D=
Little Bear's Mom
ImageImageImage