snow chows

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

atphiladelphia
Rank 0
Rank 0

snow chows

Post by atphiladelphia »

I don't know about the rest of you, but i live in eastern PA, and we have had record snowfalls this year (including today), and my two chows have had the best winter of thier lives. I thought this was a good oppurtunity to share some snow stories if you have some...here are a few of mine...

my dogs prefer snow to dog food...who new they could eat so much! #-o

My dogs play so long in the snow they will accumulate approximately 10 pounds of snow/ice balls in the chest fur...it looks like a christmas tree dressed with white balled ornaments. it gets so heavy the littele one can barely lift her head! :shock:

they lay 'super dog' style in the snow like it is the beach..front legs straight out, back legs straight back...like they have been waiting for this all year!! O:)

they will stand with thier eyes closed facing the strong snowy wind, with almost a grin on thier face while the blustery weather whips at them...they do this for 15 minutes at a time, almost like they are saying "mom, do feel that lovely breeze?" meanwhile i have goggles and a face mask on, shuddering in the wind. 8)

My little one (the pokey little puppy) will chase the large snowflakes like they are butterflies she can FINALLY catch. \:D/

it is just so great to see my little kids so happy in the elements...at least someone is loving the weather! I look forward to hearing a few other stories of thier dogs in the snow!

Thanks for listening! =D=
  • Ashley & Chow babies, Tucker & Penny!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: snow chows

Post by CoraP. »

We live in NE PA and got a good snow these last 2 days. 2 days off from school! Molly was feeling frisky yesterday and we played for awhile with her circling and jumping side to side. Today it was up to her belly, and she had a little trouble finding a place to do her business!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
nean007
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by nean007 »

I love this story. I can picture the whole thing. BTW, do you have some pics of your chow babies?

Here's a video of my boys and snow"
Hugs from Dargo and Denny!
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chowpups »

Iam on the other side of W.Chester and Nikki was out this morning sniffing the wind like she smelled a steak on the grill cooking .. She snorted , she hopped a few steps and dipped her head deep down into a pile of snow and poked back up and went back down like she was diving for chipmunks.. We never did see what she was looking for but I think it might have been the sight of grass .. =D=
atphiladelphia
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by atphiladelphia »

Thanks for the responses...I loved the video...that is exactly how my dogs play. I have posted a pictures of my dogs...some are from last winter. the one titled 'all grown up was taken last week! The little cream one is PENNY and the big red one is TUCKER.

my snow chows.
Attachments
all grown up.jpg
all grown up.jpg (47.16 KiB) Viewed 4668 times
penn.jpg
penn.jpg (65.22 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
tuuck.jpg
tuuck.jpg (61.18 KiB) Viewed 4667 times
  • Ashley & Chow babies, Tucker & Penny!
gebower
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by gebower »

I've had a Chow that would stretch on ice and think it's wonderful. Chows were made for the cold weather. I know that if I was lost in the cold, I'd want a Chow with me. (Some matches wouldn't hurt either) I think they could save your life since their temp. is around 101-102 and have the best fur coats there is.

Gene.
Gene
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

Hi
I am so jealous. We live in Queensland, Australia and it doesn't snow here. Ist day of Autumn (Fall) today. It's been hot here with high humidity around 95%. Anyway I love looking at the snow pics, looks like such fun, I would love it as much as the chows. Bring on the cooler weather. Keep enjoying the snow you lot!
Michelle (Hugo's mum)
samsonite23
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by samsonite23 »

The pictures and the video are soo cute! I live in Seattle, WA. And I am so surprised that we didnt get any snow! I mean last year we had buckets of snow...and it is like sunny! So crazy!
I love my Chow!! He is my best friend!! I insured Skye with pet insurance and never regret it since!