Does Your Chow Play With Toys

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

carol t
Rank 0
Rank 0

Does Your Chow Play With Toys

Post by carol t »

Pumkin only played with a tennis ball and one of those rope tug a war toys when she was a pup.She used to play with them with my Sheltie Mix I had at the time.My sheltie mix passed at 16 yrs. when pumkin was about a year and a half.She has neer touched a toy again.I thought she would play with toys with Max when I got him but she only watches kind of looks at him like he is nuts to chase a ball.Just wondering if everyone else Chows like toys.
carol t
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Does Your Chow Play With Toys

Post by carol t »

Oh I'm sorry put this in the wrong spot.It should be in General.Sorry don't know how to move it.
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

A forum mod will move it for you huni.

As for your question yumi has destroyed a rope toy once and never bothered with a toy since, but Taishi she plays fetch with a tennis ball and carries it to and from the park and efe our 10yr old does not do playing with toys, she likes the huskies to play with they are her toys lol!!
vicster605
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vicster605 »

Kearra plays with toys, and will actually play fetch for a while...she loves a ball & stuffed animals but she loves an empty 2 liter bottle best :lol: Give her a new toy and she takes it in the living room and does an I GOT A TOY DANCE \:D/ \:D/

Thanks Sweetpea!
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Apollo loves his toys- they are very precious to him. Lychee is not interested in toys UNLESS Apollo is playing with one or it's a sponge that she stole from the kitchen or it's something that clearily belongs to me! :shock: :roll:
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

When Tippsy was a puppy she loved her soccer ball, but for years she wouldn't touch a toy after my first pomeranian died. He was her buddy to play with. But recently, she's taken to playing with stuffed animals again. She's always loved distroying 2 liter bottles. :lol:
Jasper has loved his toys since the day we got him, especially his tennis ball. :lol:

Our yorkie and chihuahua are obsessed with toys.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Hugo
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Hugo »

No
My Hugo is 8 mnths old not intersted at all. My spoodle is insane and chases balls and sticks like a madman, while my chow just sits and sometimes bothers to turn his head to see where the ball is going, but wouldn't bother chasing it. Very seldom he will chew on a soft toy, but it has to be practically put right under his chin he doesn't seek it out.
He plays with the spoodle though!
sdasilva27
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sdasilva27 »

McKenzie wouldn't touch a toy until just recently. Until we got Keeta, toys were beneath her. Now she mostly tries to see how quickly she can rip them up. She also likes to see how far she can stretch things before they snap (I braid fleece that she does this with, she also does it with toy ropes). Keeta won't play with a toy very long. He does this huge happy dance when he gets one or when I put the basket on the floor so they can pick what they want, but after a few seconds, he gets bored. His favorite is just to pull all the toys out of the basket and put them in a big circle around him. He went around the circle once and played with each toy for like 3 seconds but hasn't done it since. He'll chew on a nylabone longer but still not nearly like McKenzie. She'll chew on a nylabone until I take it away.