New year walk

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

New year walk

Post by chowhuskylass »

Took the girls for a jaunt the first of the new year down our woods drove there and off we went in her excitement efe took off galloping and ran straight out onto a frozen pond i must have looked like the path as it had a frosting of snow on top of the ice, so disaster before you could blink she went through the ice I waded in after her and plucked her out, she is fine other than a little soggy so as not to make a fuss we carried on with the walk myself included and my now squelchy boots here is the best few pictures of the day the others picture did not turn out so good, cold and shaky hands did not help and the camera seemed to go slow with the cold,

Efe

Taishi

Yumi
chowpups
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: New year walk

Post by chowpups »

Well that was an eye opener of a New Year walk. Thank goodness you are all okay.. You have now started your year off to a brisk new year I see. The pictures are adorable .. They look like 3 little bears poking out of the woods.. You did capture the look on efe..
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

Lovely photos and yes they do look like three bears down in the woods. Lucky the pond was not deep and no harm was done. You obviously have had a lot less frost and snow than us as Brambles favourite spot to eat a chew at the moment is on the middle of our pond!!! The ice is six inches thick and I have no idea if the fish will survive this prolonged cold. :(
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Well you ushered in the new year with a bang. WOW, I bet it was cold. Love the pictures, they are all so beautiful
SweetPea Rocks!!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

The pictures are beautiful. All the girls look so pretty!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I am so glad you are all ok, The girls are adorable
chowhuskylass
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by chowhuskylass »

Thank you we are all OK efe was a little stiff the next day but she does suffer with arthritis which we manage very well but an impromptu dip in below freezing temperatures does not do her any favours
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

i just love your three black bears :) Must be quite a sight with three big black balls of Tuff Fluff (Wifes new saying for the chow chow)
RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Great photos! It sure looks cold though and I know how Efe felt when she went into the freezing water - when I was younger I did the same thing and went down under ice bum high in icy water!!!!! :shock: I absolutely love Yumi's face - its soooo fat and squishy! :D