Moderator: chowadmin

Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: New Smooth Chow Owner (Winston)

Post by Swerve »

Photos today of Winston on watch !!!
ImageImage

Now following him to get some photos, he's cute with the bear in his mouth, he likes his toys

RIP Duff, 01/12/1999- 24/10/2011
Winston, 15/04/2009 - current
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Winston is doing well these days and is such a great, cute, strong, security, loving dog !!!

Anyhow he is almost 10 months old now and is getting more loving, then you used to be as a pup. He wouldn’t jump on the bed for a cuddle and will now jump up for a quick cuddle, then move to the foot of the bed hanging feet over the side playing guard dog, when you walk near him anywhere in the house his tail starts wagging for a pat/ cuddle. While watching TV he will now sits in front of the couch and leans back into your legs and lounge for ages. He does all the above in typically Chow fashion in not being a needy dog and only on his own terms, but he is loving it.

Also the last few trip at the dog park saw him running off out of sight down a bush trail, hence I started using a long 30 foot rope for a while, last visit I let him off leash with his leash on, so I could catch him easier etc, pleased to say he was well behaved. Yesterday let him off and he was good, then the second time he was playing with a lab and got a fair bit away and then went exploring. He was going down the oval on the grass, but then went bush down the trail. I was in two minds should I wait , head down the grass ? or the bush trail, after waiting a while a started down the bush trail only to find him running back towards me, I was pleased as he had done his exploring (a good 500m) and was making his way back, more importantly he knew he way back and not just a blindness bolt down the trail with no thought how to get back. I opted to praise him for returning but I really wanted to rouse on him. Plus he didn’t stop to say hi, rather I caught him as he tried to run past. Still he’s a good boy.

Health wise no rashes for a long time so I’m confident they were more puppy related just like a human baby etc. People think were weird for saying this but he has a cute little afro around his penis which reckon looks good, not as ugly as a straight man bit LOL. We still put his eye gel in twice a day for his entropian but he’s used to it and it’s not hard. Eyes have no weeping unless we forget a few days over a weekend.

We weighed him at the vet this week and was 25kg at 9.5 months. I remember with my Rottie 20 years ago he was around 35-40kg and over the next 12 months he just grew ever so slightly up to 55kg. So I guess he will continue growing ever so slightly.

That’s all right now

Steve
Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Well today is the 14th April and tomorrow our little man will turn ONE YEAR OLD :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hard to believe we have now enjoyed him for 9.5 months and love him so much, every day Maz and me see him, wave goodbye we just melt. He is such a great dog and isnt hypo puupy like other breeds but always dignified, yes he has zoomies but is always such a good dog. He loves guarding the house , god help any burgler ehehehehehehe.

Anyhow took a few video's and photos the other night.

The boys playing, he loves his squeaky fluffy toys, note Duff always growls when playing, he's a little weird and old 10 years

Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Winston 2 years 3 months

Swerve
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Swerve »

Winston a few months ago. My precious boy

applebear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by applebear »

Just saw this, I have to laugh a little as I teetered on the name Winston briefly for my pup. I love these threads that start when they are pups and show them growing up. Winston is such a handsome fellow. :)
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sirchow »

I love this pic Steve. Winston looks great. :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.