Million Paws Walk

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Million Paws Walk

Post by Mally »

Every year in Australia the RSPCA humane society organizes this huge "Million Paws Walk" event where thousands of pet owners with their doggies go for an organized 2km walk to raise much needed money for abandoned and abused animals! This year Lychee and I decided to participate! We don't know yet how much money was raise but last year about 20.000 people turned out which raised over 300,000 dollars! Yay!
Here are some pics from the event:

when are we walking????
My spaniel friend Charlie also came with us..I let him ride in my car :roll:
You know when I'm happy - SLOBBER ATTACK!
Oh My GOOODDDDD this CHow wants to EAT me!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
Finally! We're Walking!!!
Theo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Million Paws Walk

Post by Theo »

Lychee is beautiful Mally!
Love the photo of Lychee and the little dog! Did you see any other chows?
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Hi Lychee,

It was very nice of you to let your friend ride in your car. (Especially since your name is on the car). Did you drive or are you still letting Mom drive and you supervise? Great event, I like to walk. (Here's a trick I learned to make your walks last a little longer: When your mom makes the turn so you know you are heading back to your house you slow down like you are exhausted. Just keep getting slower and slower and you can draw out your walk.) I was a shelter chow so it is great that you are raising money for homeless chowdren.

Oh, did I tell you I got my Mom to get a new plate for my car. It says "Chows". How cool is that!! (I wanted it to say "Cinder" but that was too many letters. Now Teddy thinks it is his car too!)

Your American Friend, Cinder
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

OMG, that little dogs expression! Priceless picture Mally!

I'm doing the "paws walk' here but it's 5km & I'm worried it maybe too hot for Miss Millie... Hopefully not though. Congrats for raising money though \:D/
Thank you Elodie!
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Yes congratulations! Didi Lychee got along with the other doggies? And if yes, which kind? (Coco only gets along with the tiny ones, she would have loved that black pug Lychee was trying to eat!!!)
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Firstly, Theo, there were no other Chows present on our walk :( but it was one of the regional locations for the walk (since we live more in the country) so maybe there were some Chows are the city location.

Cinder - this number plate "Chows" sounds fantastic! You need to tell your mum to take a photo of it and send it! Or and only let your mum drive the car if you let her...for walkies purposes if you get my point 8)

Coco - lychee got along with all pooches - she is incredibly social...ahm ... for a Chow :roll: but she does prefer the bigger dogs :D I think the smaller ones remind her of our cat and she wants to chase them :lol:
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Layla wrote:OMG, that little dogs expression! Priceless picture Mally!

I'm doing the "paws walk' here but it's 5km & I'm worried it maybe too hot for Miss Millie... Hopefully not though. Congrats for raising money though \:D/
Well just take lots of water and a soft portable dog bowl and try maybe 2km??? Many people (actually including us) didn't go the whole 2km...just walked away whenever they wanted. You register at the start of the walk so that's how they raise money so it doesn't really matter if you don't go the entire distance :D
lightforce18
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by lightforce18 »

lol at the little dogs face

cute dog btw!
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

What great pictures and what a great cause. I agree, the look on the little dogs face is priceless

David
VioletD
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VioletD »

Great idea!! And it looks like lots of fun, too!!