My New Chow! Chewy

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

lloe86
Rank 0
Rank 0

My New Chow! Chewy

Post by lloe86 »

Hi everyone! I just got a new(to me) chow a little over a week ago. My friend works at the Humane Society and as soon as she got him from county she let me know since she has known how long I have wanted a chow and my boyfriend and I bought our house in Jan and my boyfriend just recently said that I could have a dog so it was perfect timing! He is the most amazing dog! We think he is about 3.5 years old, he is super adorable, and well mannered. I love that he doesnt jump on people or things (like the sofa or our bed) he doesnt lick people, I can leave him at home without worrying about if he will get into anything, and he is always happy and playful when appropriate. He is absolutely the perfect dog for my boyfriend and I. The only thing that we have noticed it that he doesnt like chew toys or tennis balls. Although, he does like to chase things like squirrels and rabbits and if a cat runs then cats too. It’s sad because it seems like his previous owners had put a lot of work into him but then decided to neglect him. His hair was so matted my friend had to shave most of it off. Anyway, I’m happy to have him and thought I would share a pic or two.
Attachments
chew2.jpg
chew2.jpg (43.15 KiB) Viewed 4341 times
chew.jpg
chew.jpg (36.32 KiB) Viewed 4339 times
Sirchow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: My New Chow! Chewy

Post by Sirchow »

It is sad to think of your lovely boy being neglected but at least it doesn't sound as though he was seriously mistreated if he is so trusting. He is a beautiful boy and is so lucky to have found such a caring for ever home. I'm sure as Chewy settles in more he will suprise you with all sorts of different little things he does. My friend has addopted a Shiba inu and for the first six weeks Sasha behaved like an angel until she realised she was staying and then her personality really shone through and she began to play much more and chew on her toys etc. before that she paced a bit or lay quietly and was very "good". So expect a few suprises as Chewy settles in. I cant wait to see Chewy with his hair on! :D
Siriol, Bramble, Izzie and Isla.
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Chewy just got himself a fresh haircut for summer!
He's going to be a real chow beauty when the fur will come back. His eyes look very sweet... 8)
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

how adorable is he, he has so much love in his little face, so glad he's with you.
Karla and Mika
ImageImage
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I am so happy to hear you got Chewy from the Humane Society! He looks cute with his haircut, and once the fur grows back I think he'll be beautiful! Chows aren't always real interested in toys, so Chewy may not be "into" toys. Keep us posted as to his progress.
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

Chewy is adorable. Kismet, everything fell into place! He is pretty close to the skin with the shave you may wish to invest in a spray on sunscreen with a high SPF. Shaven Chows burn easily.
Sharons Chows
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Sharons Chows »

He is adorable and looks like a little black lion.
Just wait until he turns into a little black teddy bear...you will go nuts. Chows are really very beautiful animals.
I am so happy to see rescues go to a home where they will be loved and taken care off.

JR AND CHEYENNE

another special from SWEETPEA PRODUCTIONS
kingalls

Post by kingalls »

His fur will come back nicely, I'm sure. His sweet face reminds me of another Chow on this site (Special D).
Karen, Kohana, Takoda, and our Chow Angels Nahkohe and Shiloh
lloe86
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lloe86 »

Thank you all! He is quite adorable. I do hope he gets more comfy and starts playing with chew toys and such since hide and seek tires me out. lol.