Aloof?

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Aloof?

Post by WildThings »

Is it not in very description ever printed of chows that they are aloof?

Actually, I love that Fiona is not an aloof dog...it must be the mix in her.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Aloof?

Post by jacqui »

OMG,what a sweet face.
such a beautiful girl :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Fiona is a beautiful girl. That is an adorable picture!!
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

I never realized how beautiful Fiona is, the picture really captures her beauty.

David
Karla
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Karla »

lil'face on her...how sweet.
WildThings wrote:Is it not in very description ever printed of chows that they are aloof?

Actually, I love that Fiona is not an aloof dog...it must be the mix in her.
Karla and Mika
ImageImage
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

She's such a beautiful girl. Very cute. :D
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

It could be that she is just grateful someone saved her after her original family left her to languish at the end of a chain while they moved away (if I recall the tale correctly). The animals I have saved are always more appreciative than the ones who never knew hardship. Also, isn't she a bit aloof with everyone else, and basically crowned you Queen of her world? I can't always pull all the correct stories from the creaky ol' memory bank, so I may be mixed up on my 'facts'...lol. For a fact, Fiona is a stunning Chow girl!
TJordan
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TJordan »

Perhaps Fiona just knows good company when she finds it!!! She is so cute!
SweetPea Rocks!!
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

She is without a doubt, my baby. Other than my mom, she is still very funny with all people, unless I have a hold of her collar, then anyone can touch her...makes it very handy at the vet's. The only time she have ever had to be muzzled was after she had the surgery on her ear, it had developed a slight infection, so the vet had to mess with it. Being about 2 inches from her face, and messing with a very painful ear, they asked if I would mind her being muzzled. I have no fear of putting my face that close to hers, but I wouldn't suggest someone else doing it. She actually has become very social though. She will go right up to people to visit...just DON'T touch...it drives the girls at the petstore crazy.

Funny thing about her being on the couch. I tried for months to get her on the couch (I know...most people trying to get them off the couch). She would see Tess on the couch, but I just could not convince her to get on the couch. I knew she was sleeping on the couch at night, I had seen her and my dad had seen her, but as soon as she would wake up, she would jump down quick. Christmas Day, I picked her up and sat on the couch with her on my lap. Ever since, she has become a complete couch bum. She's very polite and asks for permission...by resting her head on the couch and rolling her eyes up to you until she's told "okay", but if there is not enough room, she will just keep walking by, kind of sighing and looking at the couch, then walks past. At my mom and dad's, she takes the couch in the living room, Tess takes the couch in the den (they are persnickity chow girls, couldn't be caught on the same couch. I think if she had steps to get on the bed (her legs are too short, the bed it too high), she would sleep there instead, but I refuse to buy her stairs. It's bad enough the cat sleeps under the covers. She is still working on the steps though...if she could use the computer, she would just order them herself. I think she is learning by watching me while I'm on the computer.
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh