Bushfires- Orange Sunlight

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Bushfires- Orange Sunlight

Post by Mally »

You all know about the bushfires in Australia. The fires are far from where we live but because of the enormity of the fires the smoke has reached us too. Today when we woke up you couldn't see the sky...just white cover..the sun shining through the smoke cover was very orange. Lychee could smell the smoke and kept on putting her nose in the air to sniff where it was coming from. I took some pictures in this light because Lychee, already quite orange, looked like she was on fire :shock: The wind changed by the afternoon and cleared the air of the smoke....so sad :cry: Anyway check out Lychee's fur in this smoky orange sunlight:

sniffing the smoky air

chris

Re: Bushfires- Orange Sunlight

Post by chris »

she is stunning.. :-) I can't believe the fires are still raging. I hope they get things under controll. Do they really think it was arson? If so, I hope they catch whom ever started all of this. So sad. :-(
WildThings
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WildThings »

Of course Lychee is beautiful, but in addition to that, you take amazing pictures. I'd have to frame those and hang them on the wall :D .
Amanda
ImageSweetpea Designs
"Many people talk to animals...not many listen though. That's the problem" The Tao of Pooh
Igor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Igor »

Excelent pictures. Lychee is such a beauty.
We all hope that disaster ends soon.
Mishka and his family
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

chris wrote:she is stunning.. :-) I can't believe the fires are still raging. I hope they get things under controll. Do they really think it was arson? If so, I hope they catch whom ever started all of this. So sad. :-(

Sadly Chris, the main bushfire that has claimed the lives of so many people, children and tiny infants included, was lit by someone on purpose. I hope that if they ever get caught they'll get charged with murder ...not only arson.

Thanks about the pics! I had a stunning model that's why they are so good :wink: :lol:
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

Lychee is so beautiful. Just stunning pictures. :D
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Great photos Mal. Did Darren take the photos? :lol: :wink: Lychee looks just beautiful.

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Rowlee wrote:Great photos Mal. Did Darren take the photos? :lol: :wink: Lychee looks just beautiful.
Nope - Me did it!!!!! :lol: I'm so proud of them because Darren always tells me that "my focus is wrong" .."my framing could be better" :? But they are too bad are they? \:D/
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

As a former photographer of the professional sort, I deem your photos to be fine. It is all subjective anyway. Sometimes a closely cropped shot works better, and sometimes it is good to get interest in the background. So, whichever way he 'critiques' just say, "I was trying a tight shot", or "I was going for some visual interest in the background, to set the context".

Fires. On thursday night, I was taking Haley to my mom's for the night, and ran smack into an on-going house fire a block from my home. Ten people in the house, most children and some very young adults. They had 2 die of smoke inhalation age 2 and 4. It happened almost in an istant. They were heating with kerosene because the heat was shut off from non-payment. They did not have a certain saftey cover on the blower, likely to get better heat penetration, and it caught the house on fire. Instant billowing black smoke- the true killer in most fires.
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Auddymay wrote:As a former photographer of the professional sort, I deem your photos to be fine. It is all subjective anyway. Sometimes a closely cropped shot works better, and sometimes it is good to get interest in the background. So, whichever way he 'critiques' just say, "I was trying a tight shot", or "I was going for some visual interest in the background, to set the context".

Fires. On thursday night, I was taking Haley to my mom's for the night, and ran smack into an on-going house fire a block from my home. Ten people in the house, most children and some very young adults. They had 2 die of smoke inhalation age 2 and 4. It happened almost in an istant. They were heating with kerosene because the heat was shut off from non-payment. They did not have a certain saftey cover on the blower, likely to get better heat penetration, and it caught the house on fire. Instant billowing black smoke- the true killer in most fires.
Thanks for your words of wisdom..usually I just tell him to "shut up- my photos not yours" :lol: but I'll use your phrases see what he does??? :lol:

Fires are scary! I'm teriffied of leaving any appliance on before I go to work..and you know I don't give a damn about the house- its insured, only that my precious babies are inside! I don't know what I would ever do if anything bad ever happened to them :( When such disaster strikes it's always the most innocent (babies/ animals) that suffer the most :cry:
KathrynH
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by KathrynH »

Gorgeous pictures! She's such a beauitful Chow girl!
Thanks so much sweetpea!!!
mikkabear
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by mikkabear »

What a beautiful chowy face!
Lychee you are so cute and appealing, I don't know how your mommy can resist you!
Natasha
and
Cue
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

Lychee is beautiful
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

As always, She is a lovely girl, I must do another page for her now that she is bigger.
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

csmbentley
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by csmbentley »

Beautiful girl! Our prayers are with you all.
The Bentleys