My Sweet Sharmy

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

My Sweet Sharmy

Post by pammieWG »

Hello everyone....i wanted to share these photos...
it's my sweetest chow Sharmy...swimming! We did those bonding moment last april...it was sooooo hot here in Manila, swimming
was perfect timing! ...and good form of exercise for my chow.. :D
we did this at first but had to do again...second time with a vest (got it from miss tessa alcaraz, thanks! :) ) on to help her swim longer..

First session.....
SWIM TIME! ;D
The pool my brother & I bought around 6 years ago for our huskies....now my chows use it.... :)

view from sharmy's back! haha...

after swimming and rinsing off..here is how sharmy looks like...with brother banjo...

Second time!
ImageImage
Better with lifevest...sharmy swims for much longer time
ImageImage
Tsk! My nephew thinks he can sit on sharmy while she swims......
This is how she looked like when she got tired...
Of course...with me 8)
ImageImage
My Sweet Sharmy's PetFood Endorsement
Auddymay

Re: My Sweet Sharmy

Post by Auddymay »

My girls like to get wet, but Lily does not like to get completely wet. I think it is because they feel out of control when their feet can't touch the ground. Sharmy looks comfortable, He must really trust you.
Tippsy'smom
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Tippsy'smom »

That's awesome. Tippsy hates to get wet, period. I can barely give her a bath in the bathtub because she hates having her feet covered in water. That's why I give her one outside on the driveway during the warmer months...

She really does trust you.
Jess
R.I.P. Cinder~1992-1994, Tippsy~9/00-4/11, Jasper~10/08-10/14, Todd~2/11-7/15
Dixie: mix Rebel: mix
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Oh! that's soooo cool: a chow pool! :D
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Mia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Mia »

Amazing pictures!

It is absolutely amazing to see your chow chow swim. I took Mia in the lake and she looked the same way. I would love to be able to put them in a pool with a life vest.
Mia
carolyn dewrance
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by carolyn dewrance »

They are lovely photos and I have saved them all to my computer, Hopefully to use one on my chow of the world blog soon.
With summer on us here in S.A. maybe I should teach my Chrystal to swim, the other two are to old, Cyan is 14yrs and Jansue is now 10 yrs.
will put up photos of them soon for you to see, they are two of my babies of a few years ago.But are now my sisters girls.
Carolyn
Carolyn Dewrance
4 Fernwood Close
Richwood
Cape Town 7441

Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Great picture :D
Thank you Elodie!
Rowlee
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Rowlee »

Oh that's so cool. What great photos. Maybe I should get my two lifevests for our swimming pool, although I very much doubt WG will get in. Keiko might though..... I went in the swimming pool yesterday for the first time this summer and Keiko couldn't work out what I was doing. She hasn't seen us in the pool before.

Thanks so much Sweetpea, you're a star!
pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pammieWG »

jonathanfsu1 wrote:How sweet...I would love to try to if my chows can take to swimming..It would freak them out at first..A gradual process at best..Thank you for sharing.
yes, you could do it gradually...my other chow Banjo was terrified with the water! and swam like crazy! but with sharmy, she's okay with it... :)
pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pammieWG »

Auddymay wrote:My girls like to get wet, but Lily does not like to get completely wet. I think it is because they feel out of control when their feet can't touch the ground. Sharmy looks comfortable, He must really trust you.
Tippsy'smom wrote:That's awesome. Tippsy hates to get wet, period. I can barely give her a bath in the bathtub because she hates having her feet covered in water. That's why I give her one outside on the driveway during the warmer months...

She really does trust you.
wow...it's so nice to hear....i mean see.. :D ... these words... i'm so happy to know that others view that my Sharmy trusts me... :D
At first Sharmy did not enjoy the swim..but with the lifevest on her...she liked it... :D
pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pammieWG »

Mia wrote:Amazing pictures!

It is absolutely amazing to see your chow chow swim. I took Mia in the lake and she looked the same way. I would love to be able to put them in a pool with a life vest.

Hello Miss Mia... :D the lifevest will surely help your chowbaby... :D it made Sharmy swim for a much longer period...and she did not feel that her coat is heavy when it got wet..she was able to carry her entire weight... :wink:
pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pammieWG »

carolyn dewrance wrote:They are lovely photos and I have saved them all to my computer, Hopefully to use one on my chow of the world blog soon.
With summer on us here in S.A. maybe I should teach my Chrystal to swim, the other two are to old, Cyan is 14yrs and Jansue is now 10 yrs.
will put up photos of them soon for you to see, they are two of my babies of a few years ago.But are now my sisters girls.
Carolyn
thank you miss carolyn... :D i have a friend in S.A., she's a breeder of Siberian Huskies and Samoyeds... :D she lives in Capetown, is that far from ur place?
Oh.. i have a 10 year old Chow named Jovit...he can also swim..same as Sharmy, although at a slower pace....
pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pammieWG »

Rowlee wrote:Oh that's so cool. What great photos. Maybe I should get my two lifevests for our swimming pool, although I very much doubt WG will get in. Keiko might though..... I went in the swimming pool yesterday for the first time this summer and Keiko couldn't work out what I was doing. She hasn't seen us in the pool before.
Haha... :D i think your Keiko was surprised when he saw you in the pool....at least you sorta introduced Keiko to swimming..my mistake was not doing that! I just put Sharmy in the pool first...good thing dogs can swim!
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

Swimming in the pool is a good way for Sharmy to get cool. I'm glad she enjoys it . Does the heat bother her much?
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Dogdad
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Dogdad »

cute Sharmy!
pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pammieWG »

CoraP. wrote:Swimming in the pool is a good way for Sharmy to get cool. I'm glad she enjoys it . Does the heat bother her much?

Yes, weather here in Manila during summer is sooo hot. it gets so hot around 33 degrees Celsius (thats 91.4 Farenheit...), so i let her swim.... :D
pammieWG
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pammieWG »

Dogdad wrote:cute Sharmy!
Thank you! :wink: