A Xhena Update

Share photos of your Chow Chows!

Moderator: chowadmin

Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

A Xhena Update

Post by Sahara91 »

Haven't posted any pics on here in a while, so thought I'd update today. Xhena will be 9mths old on Tuesday and weighs in at nearly 25kgs(55lbs). I must say, these past few months I've really noticed a difference in her. Up until the age of maybe 6 or 7mths, she was fine with having people around her, but she didn't seem to bond with anyone and kept herself fairly distant. she was never nasty, just not as attached as I thought she would be (though I put it down to the breed). The past couple of months this has changed and she's really became attached to me which is great, she's become really cuddly and affectionate. She's still yet to show ANY aggression, towards human or animal, despite the "horrible" chow reputation. She's had multiple dogs try to attack her (always Jack Russells /:) :?: ) and every time she has simply whined and tried to hide from them - she won't retaliate, bless her.

Anyway, piccies taken today:

Showing off her new toy!

jacqui
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: A Xhena Update

Post by jacqui »

very nice pictures of Xhena.what a sweet little girl :D
Kito Feb 4, 2006 - July 1,2007
Kai Mar.15 2007 - Aug. 26,2010
And when my time comes I will not go alone for my Chows will be there to say "Welcome Home".
Chow Chow Mama
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Chow Chow Mama »

Xhena sure is a beautiful little girl. I love the picture of her sniffing the flower. I'd frame that one :D
ImageImageImage
Layla
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Layla »

Cute!
Thank you Elodie!
Auddymay

Post by Auddymay »

What a sweetheart!
chow fancier
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by chow fancier »

Oh! Oh! I want her! She is absolutely beautiful. What a stunning chow princess you have!
Jerilyn
Banner courtesy of the amazing Sweetpea.

Until there are none, adopt one!

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/631376
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/650868
CoraP.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by CoraP. »

I always enjoy Xhena's pictures. She is a beauty! I also love the one of her smelling the flower! :D
CoraP.Image
Remember this, and also be persuaded of its truth - the future is not in the hands of fate, but in ourselves.
Jules Jusserand
Coco Chow
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Coco Chow »

Xhena is beautiful :D . She's the same age as Coco, they would make a great play mate for each other. Like Xhena, Coco doesn't reply to another dog attack (it's more the poodle kind of attacks around here). Unfortunately, it looks like she's the only chow in Paris... /:)
Elodie
please help feed animals in shelters for free, click daily on the yellow button http://clicanimaux.com/
Lisa_D
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Lisa_D »

Xhena is a very pretty girl! Great pics!!

Awesome banner compliments of Sweetpea, Thank you!
Mally
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mally »

Oh but what a beautiful Chow girl! She is absolutely gorgeous! :D Oh and don't worry about them Jack Russells (and Malteses etc) they have a small man's syndrome - anyone bigger than them is a threat! :lol: :lol:
socialwork555
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by socialwork555 »

She's very nice! And NO AGGRESSION! Awesome, totally awesome! You are a lucky owner! My Pazzy has really opened up and been friendlier from about 6-7 months.......he used to be overly cautious. But I can't say we haven't seen a bit of aggression in Paz......lucky you for having a bite-free dog!
Christine and Paz

Sahara91
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Sahara91 »

Thanks everyone :D

Coco Chow - I know, it's a shame we're not closer to each other. Before getting Xhena I had never seen a Chow and so assumed there were none around here. Since having her I've since found 4 other Chow owners who all live fairly locally. They're all much older than Xhena though and it's very rare we see them.

socialwork555 - I know, she's great, bless her. Her only problem is that she tends to like other dogs too much, she just can't help herself but go and play with them, often trying to drag me along with her (which means she can't go offlead - she goes deaf when she sees another dog). She also doesn't seem to recognise aggression from other dogs, even if a dog is stood snarling and snapping at her, she just assumes they want to play and so tries to go ploughing in there. It's only when they actually hurt her that she realises. We do avoid jack russells now, we've never had problems with any other kind of dog, yet all JRs that we've met have tried to latch themselves onto her neck :shock:

I will be sure to frame the second one!